new Wave interface: How to move transactions between business/personal

nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

The old WAVE gave me the ability to move transactions between my personal and my business account. I am unable to find this option in the new interface. Pls help.

Comments

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@nadworks Ah yes, a fair question. The new interface does have users handle personal transactions differently. Instead of moving a transaction to your Personal profile from your Transactions page, you can categorize the transaction as Owner Investment / Drawing instead. This way, the transaction will be categorized as Personal, but you'll still be able to see it on your business Transactions page. To do this, head to Accounting > Transactions > Categorize as 'Deposit from Personal' and then select the relevant equity account. You can read more about handling Personal transactions here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020168332-An-easier-way-to-manage-personal-transactions

Psst: While Wave has an easy way to handle personal transactions, we don't recommend mixing your personal finances with your business finances! o:)

edited June 26, 2019
  • nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

Thanks, but that's only half of what I need.
    I occasionally have to use my personal credit card for business expenses and vice versa. How do I move an expense from my personal account to the business account? It was extremely straight forward before. Now I suddenly have to 2nd-guess a process that's not clear and it's not something I'd like to trial and error.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @nadworks . We've removed the option to move transactions in the new platform as there are a lot of bookkeeping implications that occur when a transaction is moved between business and personal finances. With this being said, the best way to do so would be to re-create the transaction in the account that you want it to be in, and mark it as owner investment/drawing as mentioned above.

• nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

That's cool.
    How did you communicate this? Is there a _"this is what we've changed and how it all works now" _document or page?

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@nadworks Yes, the beginning of the article mentions the change made. Although I do admit a bit more detail about why we made this change could have been useful context for you!