Discount Option

akchamia_001akchamia_001 Member Posts: 1

I have not found an allocation for discount option. can this be incorporated? especially once a client has paid you in cash and they are short the invoice amount by some change?

Comments

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@akchamia_001 We're looking to implement a discount feature soon! Stay tuned :)

• ThurstonPrintThurstonPrint Member Posts: 4
    On the Mobile App you are only able to add it’s from your Income Sales Products and not the Discount account as stated in the Documentation for the desktop Wave.
    This serious oversight in parity between Web and Mobile is unacceptable, even if it’s a free App, it’s flawed and must be fixed.
  • MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @ThurstonPrint , are you looking to create an Invoice with a discount line? Are you trying to follow this article:

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622956-How-to-show-a-discount-on-an-invoice

To clarify, on the desktop version of Wave, you are only able to select items set up under Sales > Products & Services as well. To follow the steps described in the article above in the Mobile app, you can add a discount by clicking Add Item. Here you will want to add a product for the discount and set the price to a negative number. If you find that you are unable to type a negative sign, you can type out a negative value in a notes app (i.e. -50) and copy the value with the negative sign from the notes app and paste it into the price field in the Invoice app.

If you have a sales tax added to the original product, you will need to add a sales tax on the discount line as well. Wave will then calculate the negative tax amount for you.

edited July 11, 2019
  • USIUSI Member Posts: 0

How do I apply discounts to my invoices?

• SophiemartonSophiemarton Member Posts: 7

Thanks for this post I am also want to the answer of this question because I want a discount to my invoice but I didn't find any to apply discount

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @USI @Sophiemarton . To add a discount to an invoice, add a new product line in the amount of the discount with a minus (-) sign in front of the price. For example, if you have a $100 invoice and you want to provide a 20% discount, you can add a product called "20% Discount" and price it at $-20. This will bring the price down and show it on the invoice itself.

• DISTRIPRO1DISTRIPRO1 Member Posts: 2

Hi there,

I have been struggling with the manual discount option for 2 years... I am considering to move to Quickbook just for this option.. this is an headache.
    If I have already completed a very long quote and then the client approves quantities, I will usually provide discounts. This means I have to re do the entire quote to add the lines below each articles and work out the amount on my calculator and then add it... headache...

• DISTRIPRO1DISTRIPRO1 Member Posts: 2

Also, a packing slip generator would be amazing...

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@DISTRIPRO1 I'm happy to say that this feature is coming very soon (the discounts option). We still don't have any immediate timeline, but it's one of the main focuses of our Sales Service team at the current moment. Stayed tuned.

• 1n_Style_Blind51n_Style_Blind5 Member Posts: 1

Please may we have the discount section on the quotes (estimates as well) I add them currently as an item wit a description of 15 or 20% and another that is additional discount if I need to give extra for cash payments etc, I them make it a - (negative) amount to be deducted off the total