Allocating Multiple Bills to One Payment Transaction / Recording a Vendor Credit within Bills

JamesJames Member Posts: 10

Hi, can't seem to work out how to easily allocate multiple bills (from the same Vendor) to a single payment transaction.

I purchase goods on a 30-day account. With each transaction, I am provided with an Invoice. At the end of the month, I receive a statement will all the invoices (which Wave calls 'Bills').

So far I have managed to have found a workaround to allocate multiple bills. By using the 'Split Withdrawal' Icon I can select each Bill Individually, but I have to enter the value in manually (which is a bit of a Faff).

Ok, here's the second part. I do have credit's from vendors (when returning unwanted or faulty goods) So far I have just entered in the value as a negative. But the bills are not shown when I search using the 'Split Withdrawal' Icon.

Many thanks.

James

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @James

That's how you would have to do it in Wave. The only way to make it simpler would be to record those payments from the bills page, once you've received your payment, by clicking the arrow on the right of a bill and choosing "Add a payment". If you import your bank transactions automatically, however, that would create duplicate transactions.

You could also combine those invoices into one bill, when you enter them. Different items can be assigned to individual categories as needed too. Would it be possible for you to combine all those invoices into a single bill on Wave? Given the needs of your business, that is.

• Molly_RoblesMolly_Robles Member Posts: 1

This is absolutely ridiculous. Almost every business will use one check to pay multiple bills on a. regular basis. How can you make such a simple thing so complicated?

edited September 2, 2019
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Molly_Robles! You'll be happy to hear that this is no longer the case! On the new version of Wave, when you receive a bulk payment for multiple bills you can 'split' the transaction into separate lines. You can then categorize each line as 'Payment sent for a bill in Wave' and select the outstanding bill to apply payment to. This will mark each bill as 'Paid' and keep your account looking nice and tidy! For more information on transaction splitting check out this guide - Improvements to transaction splitting.

• lagirouxlagiroux Member Posts: 1

Your solution on the Customer/Invoice end is great. I just used it. But I believe James was asking about the Vendor/Bill side. I have multiple bills to pay to one vendor. The only way I see to do this is to show each invoice as an individual payment. It will look like the same check number broken up 4 times. I can't believe this hasn't been an issue for people before now. Please let me know if there is a way to apply multiple vendor bills to ONE check. Thank you!!!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @lagiroux! Great question! I believe your best bet here is going to be to split that transaction, and categorize each portion of it as 'Payment Sent for a Bill in Wave', which should show you the list of outstanding bills that are expecting to receive payment. If I've misunderstood your inquiry here, please let me know!