UK MTD VAT 100 Report Totals

KittyKitty Member Posts: 6

Has anyone else experienced the VAT 100 report calculating YTD totals instead of quarterly totals? Am I missing something really obvious or was I meant to do something I haven't done? I'm at a total loss so any help is greatly appreciated. I've contacted support but am concerned so wondered if anyone here has had the same problem.
Obviously the date range is set correctly to this VAT quarter 01.04.19 to 30.06.19. I checked the Sales Tax Summary report that I used to use for my previous returns and this looks correct. I also thought I would check the Sales Tax Summary report against the last VAT quarter and again it matched with the one I ran at the time. However I tried running the VAT 100 report for last quarter to see what came out and it also had the wrong totals again. My old Wave version only got updated at the end of June so I have had no time at all to get these things ironed out. Thanks Wave! HELP!

edited March 30, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• Katie_KKatie_K Member Posts: 2

I've got the same problem and now only two days to completely migrate into something else - going to move to Quickbooks instead of trying to fix it here. I am so angry, two days down the pan getting ready for a product that absolutely doesn't work when you run the report at the end. I know it's free software but this is a total joke and is going to cost me major losses having to set it right again :(

• KittyKitty Member Posts: 6

So I am not the only one. It's a shocker isn't it and what a shame they haven't been able to sort this out sooner as they have had plenty of opportunity. If there have been problems that still aren't ironed out then they should have been upfront and told us in plenty of time. However the threads I have read assured me that it will be ok. Very disappointing and like you say extremely inconvenient and stressful for those of us who have to find alternative methods of submitting our VAT return by changing software at the last minute. I hope you manage to get it sorted.
    I was looking to migrate away from Wave anyway because they are not complying with Open Banking or the UK MTD Income Tax but my deadline for this was in a months time once I had got the first digital quarter out the way. I guess unless I hear back from the support team again re. my tickets Wave is a lost cause for me.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Katie_K @Kitty Thanks for reporting these issues to us. We've escalated to our development team regarding this, and when we have a fix, we will be sure to come back into this thread and update you on the resolution. In the meantime, just want to thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this.

• Katie_KKatie_K Member Posts: 2

Thanks Jamie

• MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

@Katie_K said:
    I've got the same problem and now only two days to completely migrate into something else - going to move to Quickbooks instead of trying to fix it here. I am so angry, two days down the pan getting ready for a product that absolutely doesn't work when you run the report at the end. I know it's free software but this is a total joke and is going to cost me major losses having to set it right again :(

Go to Pandle if you're going to migrate, it's £5+vat per month.

• MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

@JamieD said:
    @Katie_K @Kitty Thanks for reporting these issues to us. We've escalated to our development team regarding this, and when we have a fix, we will be sure to come back into this thread and update you on the resolution. In the meantime, just want to thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this.

Has this been resolved?

• KittyKitty Member Posts: 6
    Yes it has been resolved and in time for the deadline luckily although I had a real pain uploading the csv file to the bridging software as well! They had to amend some of their settings so I could use the report from Wave not sure why it did work in demo mode and then it didn’t when I went live. Anyway it’s done now I’ll see how I get on at the end of this quarter!