Options

Transactions from Google Sheets Uploaded with Incorrect Dates

coformatiquecoformatique Member Posts: 1

Hello, when trying to upload transactions using Google Sheets and after they have been validated, the dates are all passed to Wave as date-1 (the previous day) and this is then reflected in the Google Sheet itself, overwriting the correct date that was previously there.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @coformatique, thanks so much for reaching out! This issue is definitely unusual, and something that is going to require some more details from you in order to troubleshoot on our end! A member of our Integrations Team will be reaching out to your directly to get to the bottom of things! Thanks for your patience! :smile:

• Options
    tadikaummibestaritadikaummibestari Member Posts: 1

I have the same issue too. All my date from Google Sheets data is changing after the transfer process into waveapp is done. I had to spent the whole night to change the date of all data one by one for reconciliation process and it was not effective.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @tadikaummibestari

I think this may be a timezone issue. This is an issue we've seen from some of our oversees users. If you can change your timezone settings then change it back this might work! I understand this might be less than ideal, but do give this a shot and let us know if this works.

• Options
    Julz_MJulz_M Member Posts: 1

Speaking from Australia here. Unfortunately correcting the sheet for my timezone does not solve the issue. Until there's a fix for this I'm just going with a +1 on the date. Look forward to an update about this.

It would be good to see the date format on the invoice adjustable too, so that an Australian format can be used.

edited May 21, 2020
  • Options
    GiovaniGiovani Member Posts: 1

Hi @BarsinA
    I'm using Wave Connect add-on from Indonesia. If I were to change my timezone, which timezone should I change to in the Google Excel Spreadsheet settings? Thank you.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Giovani! You'd want to use the timezone which you're located in. Barsin's advice above was to change it to any other timezone, and then change it back to your own.

• Options
    chinhousweechinhouswee Member Posts: 7

Issue still active.

maybe my details will give more help:
    German google sheet and windows 10. Berlin time zone GMT+1 ; my Date format is DD.MM.YYYY; used single column for amounts; used comma as decimal separator in the amount column; copy pasted from mircosoft office 2019 pro plus into google sheet first.

hope you guys will solve the issue soon