Two Duplicate Card Accounts

rickenbachmusicrickenbachmusic Member Posts: 5

Hello,

I opened a new business credit card in April that is linked to my checking account. Wave has created two separate accounts with identical transactions. The card is issued to only me - there are no other cards. Can someone explain this?

I am assuming that it is creating one account for a user (me) and another account for all transactions as if I had multiple users of the card. Is this correct? And if so, do I just go on categorizing the expenses the same on both?

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@rickenbachmusic,
    When you say credit card is linked to your checking, are the transactions from the charges actually running through the transaction register of the checking account? If so, then I would expect it to be duplicated if the credit card is also connected to Wave. The reason being is that the import function is purely mechanical. Many of my clients have credit cards along with checking accounts with the same institution, but I have not seen that happening. If you could provide a little more detail about the credit card and bank account, maybe I can assist you in getting it fixed.

• rickenbachmusicrickenbachmusic Member Posts: 5

Thanks Mike. The transactions are not running through the bank account. I have a different "account" for the card and the bank. It's just that I have two duplicate accounts for the credit card. One is listed with my name R.RICKENBACH and the other is listed as CHASE INK BUSINESS PREFERRED. They have different account # digits, but identical transactions.

@rickenbachmusic,
    Gotcha. So it sounds like only one of them should be linked. I've seen that with my clients that have multiple cards but only one account (even different ending digits). I just link one of the cards so long as all transactions are coming through that card.
    Hope that helps!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@rickenbachmusic I'm going to follow-up with you via DM to make sure you're all set. I may need more info and screenshots of how your account is mapped to import transactions. Incoming DM!

This issue has not been resolved and my books are now a total, complete mess. My expenses are nearly doubled because Wave has double entries for all my credit card expenses. I would like to remove all credit card expenses and re-import. Is this possible?

@rickenbachmusic,
    Go to Accounting/Transactions. On the drop down menu select the credit card that you wish to work with. Now the only transactions appearing should be the credit card. Use the filter Dates to assist in selecting the transactions. Once you have all the transactions that you wish to delete, click select all near the gray bar and delete.

Thank God! Thank you.

One more question -

I just downloaded the Quicken file for my credit card transactions to reimport all transactions. It has not appeared yet. When I try to upload again, it warns me that it has found duplicate entries and asks if I would like to cancel. I cancel, but I still do not see my imported transactions. Does it take a while?

It should be instant. I normally go the csv route so that I can look at the file before uploading