Options

Want to add QR code to the invoice

RitikaRitika Member Posts: 1

Hi

I want to be able to add QR codes at the bottom of the invoices so that its easier for my clients to scan and make the payments

Is there any way to add QR codes to the invoice either as image or as an HTML code?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Ritika It's a great question. I'm afraid our invoicing feature is not designed specifically for adding QR codes at the bottom. While you can add personalize notes at the bottom of an invoice, it doesn't seem to be the case that you can add images. An alternative solution would be to send the invoice via Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo (which appears as no option when you go to send the invoice). When you send the email, you can attach an image of the QR code there. That could work although I understand how that wouldn't be ideal.

Just curious, what has you want to add QR codes to the invoice? In what situation is this useful?
    Does anyone else reading this feel the same way?

• Options
    WillembWillemb Member Posts: 1

Hi

This would be a very helpful indeed. We use a payment solution called Snapscan (https://www.snapscan.co.za) and they use QR Codes to identify merchants.

• Options
    AvrickAvrick Member Posts: 1

Hi I agree, Wave is a great tool for invoicing, and being able to add a image of a qr code would help tremendously in making payments easier for the client. At the moment the client receives his/her invoice but paying is then a problem for them, a quick snap of the qr code payment is done.

• Options
    nicoledtnicoledt Member Posts: 1

Agreed - I'd love to be able to add snapcodes to my invoices. Would make payment so much smoother and easier to track

• Options
    Simple_Solutions36Simple_Solutions36 Member Posts: 2

Hi guys, does anyone know if it is possible yet to add a QR code to the invoice template??
    It would be great if this has been sorted.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Simple_Solutions36! This is not something that is currently possible within the Wave platform, I'm sorry to say. Chelsea's solution above is still definitely a good workaround, though!

An alternative solution would be to send the invoice via Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo (which appears as no option when you go to send the invoice). When you send the email, you can attach an image of the QR code there. That could work although I understand how that wouldn't be ideal.

• Options
    Simple_Solutions36Simple_Solutions36 Member Posts: 2

Hi Connor
    Thank you for getting back to me.

It might be a good idea to see if Wave can ad this to the invoices in the near future... with all the social distancing and everything else that is becoming the new normal.

Even just an additional spot at the bottom of the invoice where one can add an image would work very well... we can then just add an image of the code to the invoice.

Hope you have a good day.
    Maryna

• Options
    NBLeoneNBLeone Member Posts: 1

Agreed. Adding images to customize invoice templates is greatly needed. I want to add a QR code to allow quick payment via Venmo. Thanks!

• Options
    FizzleBrizzleFizzleBrizzle Member Posts: 4

Another way is to print your QR Code at the bottom first with Word or LibreOffice.
    Reinsert the same paper again and print the invoice. But you'll need to figure out
    the EXACT position on where the QR code should be.