How to track partial deposit and delayed payment

ekayekay Member Posts: 1

Sometimes I get a deposit to secure my services at a later date, usually 50% of the total fee. I'll get the remainder on the day services are rendered. I also need to pay some others that work with me, but I don't need to pay them until I get the full payment. The problem I'm having is keeping track of the deposit so I don't accidentally spend it. It's easy to look at the balance in my bank account and think I have that extra money to purchase supplies, etc.

Ideally I'd like a way to see that part of the deposit is dogeared for my helpers. Plus I'd also like to see that I have additional payment coming (and that I'll have to pay part of that out too!).

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @ekay. In this situation, you can add a partial payment on the invoice itself (and if your client is paying through our processing, they can enter in the amount of money for the deposit/pay that). This will show (on the invoice itself) that there has been a partial payment (you can also track this on the Transactions page by associating the income transaction with the invoice itself), as well as show the remainder of the balance owed to you through that invoice.