Options

Receipts app randomly not working

RamyRamy Member Posts: 1

Hi! I have several issues with the receipts app on IOS.

First of all, it randomly goes offline, and all receipts entered will not show up in the accounting even when the app goes back online.

Then, the app is very slow and several things randomly don't work. Sometimes, it is impossible to view the photo of the receipts as they are constantly "loading".

Finally, the receipts randomly refuse to show up in the accounting. I entered a receipt a few minutes ago and it showed up while the receipts I entered this afternoon (all through the mobile app) didn't. I then deleted them and re entered them, but they are still not appearing. The order in which they appear on the phone is also random, the last ones marked today showing at the bottom the of screen while others also marked today showing on top...

When can we expect these issues to be fixed? These are issues preventing the whole purpose of the app being fulfilled and makes unreliable and therefore unusable. Integrating the credit card payment is something we considered but because the apps were not reliable, my team prefers not to for now.

Thank you very much! Other than that, we're very happy about Wave in general and we're looking forward to be able to use the app once the issues are fixed.

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ramy
    Let's try a few trouble shooting steps that have worked for other users in the past first:

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device.
    • Restart your device.

If following these steps don't resolve the error you're experiencing, please let me know. To help us better understand the issues you are experiencing, please provide the following information: the version of the app you are using, the type of device you are using, some screenshots of the error you're seeing, and the operating system version. I'd be more than happy to look into this further for you, or report this to the development team for review.

• Options
    XavierhXavierh Member Posts: 1

Hello, I am having exactly same problem and tried all of the steps above. Please advise!

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Xavierh. Can you please confirm the device that you are using the Receipts app on? As well as what version of software that particular device is on as well? I just want to make sure that we have everything in check before we look into this further. Also, if you could elaborate on exactly what is happening with the receipts app itself (which specific errors you are seeing, etc) - that would be super helpful.

• Options
    tinypinatatinypinata Member Posts: 1

Hi! I am having the same problem. I did the recommended steps (logging out, logging in) and all of my receipts I'd clicked "post to accounting" were GONE!!!! They aren't on the web and they aren't in the app now either. I don't have most of the paper copies because I've had such good luck with Wave in the past. Is there any way to recover these? I clikced "post to accounting"

• Options

@tinypinata

First off, my apologies that you're experiencing this error. I can only imagine how stressful that might be!

In this particular instance I'd recommend reaching out to our support team through a ticket as this will allow our team to look into your receipts account and help you a bit further. Typically these are cached somewhere, so please do reach out and an agent will be happy to help.

• Options
    TegwaanTegwaan Member Posts: 6

Hello! I also have had issues with the Receipts app on my Iphone X with the most current operating system. I closed the app, turned it back on, uninstalled and reinstalled and still every time I load a receipt it either a) gives me a "!" sign or it b) it says it's ready for review but it has not captured or read any of the details from the receipt so all the fields are empty. Please help! It's really slowing me up and I need to submit our sales tax. Thanks!

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Tegwaan! Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you are having some trouble with the app. I am not sure why it would be giving you an '!' error. Does it do this with all receipts you upload or just some of them? In terms of the second error you mentioned, can you click the settings cog in your app and make sure 'Capture Details' is toggled on? This will allow the app to automatically capture the receipt details and enter in values!

• Options
    AngryfaceAngryface Member Posts: 2
    Hi there.

I purchased a p30 lite and installed the wave app but could not see any data. I went back to my original phone to check passwords etc and that phone seemed to now not show data. My Samsung tablet which is sinced to the original phone wave app has no data either.

It is taxtime and my accountant is getting impatient. Please help
  • Options

Hey there @Angryface

There may be a number of reasons why the receipts app might not be working. One of the main reasons I've noticed is that users who log in through google's single sign-on accidentally create a new account under their personal email. Can you kindly log into your Wave account on a computer and ensure that you're logging in with the same account?

Mobile Troubleshooting

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Restart your device.

If this does not work, could you try uploading your receipts from your desktop version of Wave under the Purchases > Receipts section!

You can also email your receipts as well.

• Options
    AngryfaceAngryface Member Posts: 2
    I have done all the above as instructed by your support team. Plus sent an email where a receipt was uploaded to the account to verify the account. The data simply us not there.

I was under the assumption your support team would be able to log on and verify the 2 years worth of receipt are there or not. Am I wrong in this assumption? Or am I going to be asked to do this over again whilst my paper receipts pile up?
  • Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Angryface! Thanks for reaching out here. I can see that you'd had a ticket open with Nancy on the support team, and that you were able to solve this together :) Great to see.

• Options
    TheRealJennTheRealJenn Member Posts: 6

I am unable to log in to the receipts app at all... it keep ssaying invalid login credentials... do i need to set up a different login for the app than for wave?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @TheRealJenn !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when using our Receipts app. Are you sure you are using the correct login credentials? Also, have you tried the mobile troubleshooting steps Barsin posted above? If not, I suggest actioning them at your earliest convenience to see if this resolves your issue. If the issue persists, please submit a ticket request to our support team at your earliest convenience so one of our agents can assist you directly and escalate your case if necessary.

• Options
    ElaRetailElaRetail Member Posts: 2
    My app isn’t working either. Keeps saying outdated version need to update but when I go to update it says app not available in your country or region. I’ve tried all the above suggestions except login out because I can’t. The opening screen is the update required message.
  • Options
    ElaRetailElaRetail Member Posts: 2

Here are screenshots.

M

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @ElaRetail ,

We recently discontinued the Receipts mobile app, as we have changed the way receipts are handled within Wave. To learn more about these recent changes, please take a look at this Community Thread. I also recommend reading through our Help Centre article on the new receipts workflow :smile:

• Options
    SianBSianB Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm frustrated.

My Receipts App has stopped working completely. I tried deleting the App and re-installing it more than once. I switched my iPhone 12 mini off and on several times. I refreshed the broadband. Nothing works. I'm sitting looking at a blank white screen. It refuses to co-operate.

What do I do now?

Thanks
    Sian