Cannot figure out how to generate a balance sheet for my accountant

SRW87SRW87 Member Posts: 3

I have a starting balance entered back in 2014 which I believe was accurate, and the system has been maintained since, and used for tax filings in the previous years.
My current accountant needs a balance sheet for Dec 31 2018. When I run this report, I do not get an accurate 'snapshot' of the state of the accounts at that time. Half the numbers in savings accounts show as negative, which is of course not correct. Some accounts appear to be approximately correct, but most are way off.
I read the article that describes how to use the new reports page, but this is not how my balance sheet page displays so none of the options are available to me.

Comments

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @SRW87, welcome to the Wave community! I am sorry to hear of this issue you are experiencing. To start, are your accounts reconciled for 2018? If your accounts are unreconciled, I'd recommend reconciling your accounts first to see if it brings those numbers back in line. You would perform reconciliation by getting copies of your bank statements for 2018 and comparing the transactions on those statements with what appears in Wave for the same date range. The goal is to ensure that all of the transactions on your bank statement have been entered correctly in Wave.

• SRW87SRW87 Member Posts: 3

Hi @Myron
    Thank you for your response. All of my accounts are completely reconciled, yes.

• troympapatroympapa Member Posts: 21

@SRW87 Perhaps drill into one of the GL accounts after running the report and looking at all the transactions for the year. Though if the GL accounts are reconciled correctly then the balance sheet will show the correct amounts. Maybe check to see if your using the correct report date 12/31/2018?