Sales Tax Report Bug **Help!**

FD Assistant3FD Assistant3 Member Posts: 4

Sales Tax Report

I have been having problems with the Sales Tax Report system. Whenever I encode Purchases that includes taxes the Sales Tax Report doesn't show these details. Please, I need help with this. Is this just a bug or there is something that I am missing?

Comments

• pradipta_works3pradipta_works3 Member Posts: 1

Hi Team,

I am facing a trouble with respect to changing the Sales Tax category. While creating the Sales Tax account, I marked it as recoverable unknowingly. Now I want to un-check the recoverable sales Tax option in settings. I tried, but it shows as fixed and I am unable to rectify it.

Could you please help.

Thanks for the help.
    Pradipta

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @FD Assistant3, are you sure that your tax is marked as recoverable? If it isn't, it wouldn't appear under as taxes to deduct from purchases. You can see that by going to your Settings page and clicking Sales taxes.

Hi @pradipta_works3. You can't change the recoverability of a tax after its creation. Your only option is to recreate this tax as a non-recoverable tax, and change the tax appropriately on any transaction or invoice that might be affected.

• arecoareco Member Posts: 2

Hi Admin, I got the same problem like FD assistant3, some of the tax show in the report and some not showing in the report. im using the same way to key in all my invoice and transaction but some appear in the report (sales tax) but some not. My account for GST no tally. Is this just a bug?need your help to look into this. thanks

Hi @areco, can you go and check if your GST is set as recoverable?

To do this, click on Settings on the menu on the left-hand side. On this new page, find Sales Taxes.

Click on the pencil icon next to GST. On that page, you'll see a check box that says "This tax is recoverable". If this wasn't checked, then your tax isn't recoverable and expenses affected by that tax won't show on your tax report.

edited March 9, 2018
  • arecoareco Member Posts: 2

Hi @Alexia , thanks for your comment. I had follow your step & i saw "this tax is recoverable" but i cant tick the column. u can refer to below photo attached. what should i do next?

Hi @areco. You can't change the recoverable status of a tax. If it was accidentally made non-recoverable, you'll have to create a clone of this tax that's recoverable and go change the tax on your past transactions and invoices manually.

My recommendation is to change the name of your old tax to something obvious and easy to change (Like "Wrong Tax"), to make the process as easy as possible.