Balance amount not updating properly

terraterra Member Posts: 2

I entered my transactions as normal and when I went to reconcile, I found the ending balance was incorrect. To backtrack, I deleted the offending amount to re-enter. Now my balance is reported incorrectly. I ended up deleting all the transactions I had entered for that month and the balance shows the deposit amounts even though those transactions have been deleted altogether.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @terra . There could be a number of reasons as to why your balances aren't lining up. I'd advise that you take a bank statement and compare it to the specific month of an account in your Transactions page. You can cross off each transaction as you go through it, while also approving/verifying your transactions in Wave by clicking the green check mark beside the transaction itself.

This should help you determine exactly where the discrepancy in your books is and why the ending balance doesn't match your bank statement.

• terraterra Member Posts: 2

Hi @alexlewiszarkos,

That's not what the problem was. What I was trying to communicate was that Wave was miscalculating the balance based on transactions that had been deleted. Whatever the problem was, it seems to be working normally now.

Thanks!

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@terra Thanks for letting us know - really glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself!

• PramodPramod Member Posts: 5

Hello,
    I face a similar problem.
    I created a transfer from the bank to the cash management account.
    However, the balances in both the accounts do not correspond to this transaction created..
    Can someone help.

• PramodPramod Member Posts: 5

Hi..
    It took some time, but the update finally happened on its own.. :smile:

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Pramod Glad to hear that the issue resolved itself! Let me know if this happens again in this thread and I can see what I can do to help :)