PayPal Dispute/Hold

snappyfishsnappyfish Member Posts: 55

Hi,

How would I account for these transaction that are in my PayPal, When I import into wave they show as below.

I received a auction payment, then customer opened resolution then it got resolved.

**PayPal Transaction Activity **

31st Jul 2019 Payment from C***** ***** Details £17.13 GBP
3 Aug 2019 Temporary Hold Details -£17.13 GBP
7 Aug 2019 PayPal fee reversal Details £0.61 GBP
7 Aug 2019 Payment from C***** ***** Details £17.13 GBP

Screenshot of Wave

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @snappyfish . This ones tricky as PayPal loves to record every step of every transaction that occurs. Assuming that the sale was basically refunded in the end, you can categorize the dispute investigation as "Refund for Income," then categorize the Dispute Resolution (cancellation) as Sales. This should zero everything out for you appropriately.

• snappyfishsnappyfish Member Posts: 55

@alexlewiszarkos said:
    Hey @snappyfish . This ones tricky as PayPal loves to record every step of every transaction that occurs. Assuming that the sale was basically refunded in the end, you can categorize the dispute investigation as "Refund for Income," then categorize the Dispute Resolution (cancellation) as Sales. This should zero everything out for you appropriately

ok so that's shows £0.00 for All accounts > PayPal Business, that's all I need to do in future?

edited August 16, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @snappyfish, so glad to here you were able to get this sorted! That's all you need to do moving forward. If you need anything else, please let us know. :)