Two features suggestions

TXGlamCEOTXGlamCEO Member Posts: 2

I have two feature requests:
1. Search invoices to quickly locate via specific wording, dates, dollar amount, notes, etc.
2. Ability for consumers to pay for these invoices via invoice number thru a link on my website. I subcontract for one of my businesses. If they could go to my payment page on my website, click on a link-enter an invoice no or their consumer name and see outstanding invoices, and then pay securely.

Both features would save lives and make life easier.

Thanks

Comments

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@TXGlamCEO Thanks for sharing those requests! We always appreciate feedback and we love when our community communicates. :)

You're right, there isn't currently a way of searching for invoices through specific wording, dollar amounts, or notes. However, when you go to Sales > Invoices, you certainly can look for invoices by date! You can also search for the invoice by invoice number. I'm checking in with my team to see if this in-depth search functionality is on the product roadmap and we will get back to you with an answer for that.

As for your second feature request, I notice you're currently using the older version of the software. Your account has not been migrated to the newer version of the software yet which is why you don't see the 'Checkouts' option available under your Sales tab. In the newer version of the software, you do have the ability to share a link on your website which customers can use to pay you. You can learn more about Checkouts here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005489746-Checkout-by-Wave-An-easy-professional-way-to-get-paid-up-front

Account migration is happening on our end and we will move your data over once it is ready! If you have any further questions about account migration, check out this community discussion here: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/21037#Comment_21037

I'm also going create a support ticket in case you have any questions about the migration!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@TXGlamCEO It's me following up again! I'm afraid searching for invoices by dollar amount, etc. is not on the immediate roadmap but thank you again for communicating with us on this!

• seekisseekis Member Posts: 1

I agree that ALL data in each invoice should be searchable. Quickbooks does it, freshbooks does it, every other online accounting tool does it. With all the other guys, I can search for text within the invoice, dollar amounts, job sites, PO numbers, etc. I moved over to wave from quickbooks because I had some issues with the service duplicating things and a friend recommended it highly and I really do like the wave platform, but the "...(lacking necessary function) is not on the roadmap..." response is really unsettling. I have looked over the forum and many a time have these features been requested across multiple years; Alas, no planned implementation. I would gladly pay a netflix-like subscription fee to gain this type of functionality.