Options

FEATURE REQUEST: dynamic updating or selective updating of invoice details

WonderWonder Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

I recently changed bank accounts and updated these in my invoices, however it only updates for new invoices only. It did not update in set recurring invoices. This was not ideal as I have many recurring invoices that I had to update manually. It would be good to have a dynamically updated 'footer' (where I put payment details) or, if this is problematic, perhaps the ability to refresh the footer on recurring invoices.

Comments

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

If you have changed the standard footer under Invoice Customization in the settings menu, you have a couple options.

1. For recurring invoices, if no custom footer exists on an invoice, it will pull the standard footer saved in your settings for all invoices. In this case, you could remove the footers from the recurring invoice side, and rely on the standard footer you created. Anytime you update that footer, all future invoices and recurring invoices will use that footer.

2. This method is what you were trying to avoid, however, if you have specific footers for different customers, you would need to update each recurring invoice individually with that custom message.

The reason we did this is so that you could have the power and customizability of having unique footers/notes for each recurring invoice, or you could use a standard one for all invoices and recurring invoices.

Hope this helps!