Different interfaces for different users?

doughboydoughboy Member Posts: 14

I was chatting with an unrelated Wave user. I was describing my problem and they have a different interface (including button text) as well as different integration options.

I am trying to integrate a Citi credit card but nothing is working. On his view on the main view he has "Citi Credit Cards". I do not. I can't even search for it. Why would he have a different view than I do?

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @doughboy! Good question! We do have two different interfaces in Wave at the moment. There is an older version and a new. We are currently working to get all Wave accounts migrated over to the updated interface so everyone will be aligned! If you want some further detail on the old vs new, check out this Wave guide - What version of Wave am I on?

• doughboydoughboy Member Posts: 14

I was able to determine I am on the new version. The problem is the aggregator isn't nearly as good. If it is missing an integration with basic credit cards from a top 5 bank it will be awhile before you could make it primetime for everyone.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @doughboy . The main log in for Citibank in the new aggregator allows access to banking as well as Credit Cards. This means that you don't actually have to look specifically for a Credit Card connection as the regular connection will allow you to log in as well.

You might think that, and they might have told you that, but it DOES NOT WORK. Apparently Citi treats them differently because I have tried dozens of times and it will not work.

• thefyreheadthefyrehead Member Posts: 4

It works for me, but initial download took a couple days, and i have no update in 5 days now. So really it doesn't work :-( Citi Diamond Preferred Card and DoubleCash Cards.

edited September 18, 2019
    Which one did you use? I can't get past the credentials screen.

Citi Business Credit Card here.
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @doughboy

When you search for for Citi in the search bar, be sure that you're using the connection with the exact URL you use to log into your online city bank account otherwise it might not connect.

With that being said, we do offer over 1500 bank connections in our program, however not all account types are available (at this time) in our newest version.

Hope this helps a bit.

As I have said numerous times that is all I have and it doesn't have an offering for citicards.com. This domain redirects, but even that URL is not represented here.

Hey @doughboy

Before we escalate, I'm wondering if you've tried to log in at citi.com. Since citicard.com get's redirected to www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action I'm curious if you've tried logging into to citi.com with your currently credentials or building a login here. It seems that citicard.com has since been amalgamated with citi.com. Can you just try letting us know if you're able to create a login at citi.com with your current username/card credentials and password. Thanks for your cooperation.

Yes, the log in credentials do not work there, but they do on the link I provided. I also just tried logging in with the form on the home page too.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @doughboy thanks for letting us know! Keep an eye out for an email from us so we can grab any further details and escalate from there.

• peacejadepeacejade Member Posts: 2

Is anyone having issues with their Citi accounts not uploading transactions? When I look at "Connected Accounts" under Citi, it says "last updated a day ago" with the correct balances, but when I go to the Transactions page under the Accounting tab, no transactions from my Citi accounts show up.

Hey @peacejade

My apologies for the bad news however Citi bank is currently experience an issue with their connection right now. Our third party banking aggregator is aware of this issue and working to rectify it at the moment.

Wave has a couple of options when it comes to uploading your transactions without a bank connection:

CSV Uploader

Using our CSV uploader. With the proper formatting, you are able to download a CSV document containing all of your transactions from your online banking website, and upload them directly to Wave. Check out this article on Troubleshooting your csv upload if you run into any problems when uploading your transactions.

Wave Connect

My personal favorite method is WAVE CONNECT. Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well. See this image below of what Wave Connect looks like: