Sales Tax Report

helenitehelenite Member Posts: 1

I am trying to generate a sales tax report but the column of purchases subject to tax are all 0.00. I have uploaded all the receipts and i have reviewed them and then again this column of purchases are all 0.00. Can you please help me out?

Thaanks

Comments

• PetriePetrie Member Posts: 4

I have the same problem - please advise

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @helenite + @Petrie . Please ensure that you're adding your sales tax to your receipt uploads and that the tax is set to recoverable under Settings > Sales Tax. If it has been set to non-recoverable, the data won't show up in your Sales Tax Report.

• PetriePetrie Member Posts: 4

Hey @helenite . I found the solution - The tax needs to be marked as 'recoverable'. Mine wasn't, I changed it in settings and now it shows in the report. I had to delete the old tax and create a new one.

• agundaagunda Member Posts: 2

In old WAVE, Sales Tax Report listed Sale amount with two columns;

• Total taxable amount receivable (before tax).
    • Total tax receivable.
      This worked well for me because my tax revenue authority requires me to upload the Total taxable amount receivable (before tax) every month.

In the new WAVE, Sales Tax Report has a different format where i cannot seem to figure out how to get Total taxable amount receivable (before tax) . Is there a way i can get the Total taxable amount receivable (before tax) ?

Hey @agunda , we've changed the wording of the Sales Tax Report, but the information is still essentially the same. If you're looking for Total taxable amount receivable (before tax), you can take a look at the Purchases subject to Tax column.

• agundaagunda Member Posts: 2

@AlexL where do I find Purchases subject to Tax?
    See attached a screenshot from Old Wave. My interest is in Taxable Amount (Before Tax) column because that is what I need to upload to the Revenue Authority portal. How do I get this on the New Wave?

edited January 6, 2020

Hey @agunda , the Sales Tax Audit Report doesn't exist in the new software, but you can use the Account Transactions Report and filter for the specific account if you need to see your transactions. In regards to Purchases subject to tax, this can be found when you click into the Sales Tax Report in the Reports page.