Custom Expense Catagories

LizWLizW Member Posts: 1

Hello - new to Wave and trying to test importing receipts - is it possible to customise the categories assigned?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @LizW . Wave sets up default categories for you based on the business type that you select but you can always create new categories if you find that you're missing something. To do so, head over to Accounting > Chart of Accounts and click "Add a new account" in the top right corner of the page. You'll want to create these categories under Expense as these are specifically for your Receipts.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @LizW! Welcome to Wave! You can add and customize categories from your Chart of Accounts page. I recommend checking out this Wave guide on the topic. Once you have added and customized to suit your business needs, you can use these categories to on your receipt expenses. If you are new to Wave, I also recommend checking out our Help Center for lots of great guides and FAQs!

• irstaxhelpirstaxhelp Member Posts: 1

Why can't I have Wave auto classify transactions when imported when I assign them in prior transactions?

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @irstaxhelp , currently, Wave does have an automatic categorization feature, however, it is still in the early stages of development. The Auto-Categorization feature is set to improve over time and with robot learning, we will hopefully be able to recognize transactions like yours and automatically categorize them to the proper account. For the time being, I really appreciate you reaching out about this and if you have any other questions, feel free to reach back out!