Bank connections no longer transferring transactions

meswensonmeswenson Member Posts: 5

My bank, American First Credit Union, recently updated their online accounts portal. Since the update I've no longer been able to transfer transactions to my Wave account. It says it is updated but the transactions have not been transferred. When I check my banking credentials it has spinning circle and never lets me check the credentials. Can I delete my bank connection and will leave the existing transactions in Wave? Then reconnect my account and start from the date transaction stopped transferring? Any help would be appreciated! Thank You

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @meswenson . You can most certainly delete your bank connection and reconnect it. This will have no effect whatsoever on the previous transactions that were pulled into Wave, as once they're imported, they're separate entities from the bank connection.

• ACERescueACERescue Member Posts: 11

@meswenson If you meant to write America First (no -n) then my bank is the same issue and removing and re-adding did NOT work in my case.

• meswensonmeswenson Member Posts: 5

AlexL and ACERescue I appreciate your feedback. I'm going to attempt re-adding the account, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Thank You!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@ACERescue @meswenson Did you try clearing your cache and cookies? Sometimes browser issues get in the way of bank connections so give that a try also before you disconnect and re-connect your bank. @meswenson You've probably already given it a go but just in case, when you disconnect and re-connect, just be sure to select the date that you'd like to start importing from again! That way you can be sure you won't have any duplicate transactions.

edited September 16, 2019

@ChelseaK did not work, and it persists across any computer I try it from, so not sure it could be a cookies/cache issue.

@ChelseaK I got a new error today when I tried the delete/reconnect.

There is a technical issue between Wave and your bank. We're on the case. Attempt to update in a few days and if it persists, visit our help center to investigate.

@ACERescue thank you for posting this. I've been emailing tech support for days and they said there was nothing they could do. They also refused to escalate the issue. It appears they now acknowledge there is a problem with Wave's compatibility with an update America First CU recently made to their website. We will keep our fingers crossed they are able to get it fixed. Thank You!

You're welcome. Of note, in case it helps them, mint.com never missed a beat.

• mic911mic911 Member Posts: 10

I have a TD Business Travel Visa, and the balance gets updated in Wave, but the transactions have not imported into Wave since end-December 2018. I tried turning off the importing for the Visa and then turning it on again, and it says it is updating, but did not make a difference. Tried from different computers, so it's not a cookies issue.

I chatted with Wave support yesterday and they asked me to email them this afternoon if the transactions are not imported by then. The ticket needs to be escalated to the 3rd-party integration group at Wave.

Searching on Google shows several people having this issue with TD Visa as well as other banks. In my case, I have a single login for TD for 2 bank accounts and the visa. The bank account transactions are being imported properly, but the Visa transactions are not.

Hopefully this is fixed soon, but after viewing other threads, this has been a problem for several months.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@ACERescue @meswenson Yes, it looks like that bank connection is down. While our data aggregator works on a fix, manually uploading your transactions would be the way to go in this case. It's an extra step but we always have an alternative for getting your transactions into Wave!

@mic911 Looks like one of our support agents is on the case! He will get back to you and escalate the issue as necessary. You're in good hands!

@meswenson @ChelseaK Maybe progress is being made? The error today is a new one?!?!

• mic911mic911 Member Posts: 10

Thanks @ChelseaK - this was resolved by completely deleting the connection for TD, and then re-creating the connection. I just had to download CSVs from TD to fill in a blank period and also manually enter some transactions (created a CSV and imported it).

:)

@mic911 @ACERescue I attempted to connect my America First CU bank account today and I was able to set up a new connection, but it only had line of credit account and not my checking and savings accounts. Obviously there are still some bugs, but I'm glad some progress is being made.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

hey there @meswenson

Just curious, have you had those accounts previously connected before successfully? Sometimes a bank can make major changes to an account and this can remove the connection for those specific accounts. Say for example they've change the back end API for those particular accounts, or changed the names of them, this may be the cause of why they don't show up anymore.

Also are these business checking and savings or personal?

Is anyone else seeing their checking and savings accounts?

After attempting to set up my Wave integration with America First CU, all of my Bank Account Connections are working now. Major back end changes to the banks website were made which required Wave to make changes on their site restore connectivity.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

@meswenson

Thanks so much for the update to our community! Glad it's working for you.