Deleted Transaction Still Showing In Balance

neileneile Member Posts: 2

And with 4-5 days to corporate tax deadline. I don't have time for this crap.

$450 deposit transaction manually deleted. We've done this hundreds of times, and it doesn't matter if the item to be deleted was imported or entered manually, but this was imported (from a now disconnected bank account). Again, shouldn't matter.. deletion always = deletion. Until now.

The $450 deposit still shows in our bank balance. But if you click on the transaction to view it (or to again try to delete it) the transaction is gone. I get a "No transactions match your criteria" message. It's not there, yet it appears in my balance.

I need this gone immediately. Help, please?

(And yes, I've already done all of the stupid stuff like refresh, etc.)

edited September 10, 2019 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@neile,
    Sorry to hear you having so much trouble. Sometimes with technology you can have ghost transactions. I'm working on e filing 40+ thousand partner partnership. Technology chaos. I would suggest make a journal entry (albeit temporary, hopefully) to negate the transaction.

• neileneile Member Posts: 2

Thanks, Mike! I agree that that would work, at least for now while I try to get the final numbers right, BUT I deleted MANY deposits before this one and I have lost confidence in the other transactions. So now I'm going to have to identify and verify all of those... fun stuff!

We've been so overwhelmed in this last year or so that we only just started 2018 bookkeeping last month. I'm already spinning, trying to meet deadline, knowing that I'm going to miss a lot of deductions in the process. Not a good time for ghosts!

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

No problem. If you are doing cash basis accounting, so long as your beginning and ending cash tie out, that would signal everything that ran through the bank account is in Wave. Best of luck!