Options

Why was a "cash on hand account" created?

KingKing Member Posts: 5

Hello, does anyone know why this account was created with payroll expenses on it? My business checking account is connected with Automatic Tax Payments & it uses the money from that bank account, I do not understand why it would create another account for cash transactions. The company does not even accept cash.

I see similar transactions under my checkings account but with different dates, so what do I do from here, do I delete the cash on hand account, do I merge them or what...

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @King . The Cash on Hand account is a default account for all businesses within Wave. It sounds like your Payroll Mapping may be set up to map to Cash on Hand under Settings > Payroll Mapping. I'd confirm if this is the case, and if it is, then you can change the account to your bank account.

• Options
    KingKing Member Posts: 5

@AlexL said:
    Hi @King . The Cash on Hand account is a default account for all businesses within Wave. It sounds like your Payroll Mapping may be set up to map to Cash on Hand under Settings > Payroll Mapping. I'd confirm if this is the case, and if it is, then you can change the account to your bank account.

Thanks! & I deleted the transactions in it since it shows up on my bank account already.

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@King Sounds like a good plan. As long as the transactions in your checking account match the dates on your bank statement, that'd be the way to go!