Auto-Save Draft Invoices and Added Products

twistedpairnetworxtwistedpairnetworx Member Posts: 1
I had a sudden restart happen and as such lost all the work I was doing on an invoice. I added products as well, since it didn't save, those didn't get added. An auto-save to draft invoices could have really helped me here. Many expletives were uttered.

Even your forum has this when composing a message, and that's not nearly as important as an invoice.

Comments

• MillerlightningMillerlightning Member Posts: 1
    I typed out a lengthy invoice, stepped away from the machine for a few. Opened it back up and no invoice. Does this app not auto save an invoice if you do not complete in one take?
    edited September 17, 2019
  • ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@twistedpairnetworx Darn, hate when that happens. Yeah, having an auto-save feature would definitely be handy. I'm going to share your feedback with Erik who has his eye on feature suggestions for invoices this week.

In the meantime, just in case something like this is to happen again, what I would recommend is creating the invoice, adding a few products and then selecting 'Save and Continue'. Once you select 'Save and Continue', a draft will be created for this invoice (which you can find in Sales > Invoices > All Invoices). Though we don't have an auto-save feature, having a draft of your initial work (even if you are to edit it later) would be better than losing the entire invoice altogether. :( I would especially recommend periodically saving your invoice items if you are creating a particularly long invoice.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Millerlightning . Wave does not currently auto-save invoices. I'll +1 this to the feature request above.

edited September 17, 2019
  • bigscurrybearbigscurrybear Member Posts: 2

This software really needs auto save, it seems just about every other software out there has auto save. It's 2020, autosave should be mandatory in all software by now get with the times.