Statement upload

simonssimons Member Posts: 5

As you are no longer supporting automatic bank statement upload in the UK i am trying for the first time to import manually.

Unfortunately, every time i try, the upload fails with the message:

"Wave is having difficulty reading the dates of your transactions. Learn more"

It doesn't take me to the CSV import page.

The learn more link just takes me to a page explaining how to upload bank statements, no information on dates.

I have tried every format possible for the dates, but no joy.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Simon

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@simons,
    Are there any rows above the date column? Any blank rows? They should be deleted. Be happy to look at the file for you and see what the problem is. Email mike@mgfinancial.net

edited September 14, 2019
  • simonssimons Member Posts: 5

Hi Mike

thanks for that.

I deleted all the blank rows and columns, and anything above the date column, and it uploaded successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Mikeg Way to go, Mike! Nice one!
    @simons Glad you got to meet Mike and successfully get that CSV uploaded! They can be tricky so good work. :)

• SalenaSalena Member Posts: 3

Hi There, Ive just joined Wave in the UK and I am trying to upload my first bank statement. I now have the turning cog and the message ''your transactions are being imported from your bank statement. Please check back in a few minutes" however this has been going on for around 30 minutes. Does it normally take this long?
    Thanks

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Salena - welcome to Wave! Just wanted to check in here to see if your statement was able to upload successfully? Sometimes they can take a bit of time to load, although 30 minutes does seem longer than usual. Files with more than 100 rows will take longer, so we recommend breaking them down to smaller than 100 rows if possible. If you are having trouble with your upload this Wave guide has some tips and tricks - What to do if Wave can't read your statement.

• SalenaSalena Member Posts: 3

@EmmaP Hi Emma thank you for your response. I went away and left it for a while and it had downloaded when I came back so i'm not sure how long it actually took but its all good now. Thank you. I did want to ask though, if there's any way that you can tag an expense say to a particular area (like a cost centre) so that you can report on each area individually?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Salena! I'm glad to hear the upload worked! Ah, so Wave does not currently offer job based accounting, so you will not find these particular features. You are definitely not the first to ask about this! You can read more about why we have not yet implemented this and comments from other community members here. Wave does offer the ability to categorize transactions as you need, but I understand it won't accomplish the same thing.