Adding payment to a bill without it showing up in transactions

SoapQueenSoapQueen Member Posts: 2

Hello there,
I am not sure under which heading to post this message so please feel free to move it if it is incorrect. I've started adding bills to my wave account, a great feature!

However for bills where payments have been made, there seems to be no way to connect the bill to the transaction. I've tried 'create bill payment' from the drop down menu next to the transaction but it shows an error. I then went and added the bill under 'bills' and manually entered payment but now I have it double as it is also under 'transactions'. Merging the two didn't work either. Hope I am explaining this clearly and that there is an easy solution.

Many thanks!

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @SoapQueen . You've explained this wonderfully. You should be able to link your expense in the Transactions page by selecting "Payment sent for a Bill in Wave." This will then allow you to select which unpaid bill you want to select, automatically linking the payment to the bill and marking it as paid.

You mention error messages. Can you please ensure that you're accessing through Chrome as it is one of our supported browsers.

If you're still seeing error messages, feel free to grab a screenshot and send it over!

• SoapQueenSoapQueen Member Posts: 2

Hey thanks AlexL!! I've gone the route of linking the expense in the transactions page and selecting the corresponding unpaid bill but it shows an error. It is late in the evening here now but first thing tomorrow I will create a bill in Wave and give it another try, doing it the way you explained. If it still shows an error, I will take a pic and send thru. Many thanks and greetings from sunny South Africa!