Sales vs. Job Income

elviskingelvisking Member Posts: 4

Hello: I'm a General Building Contractor. When I run a "Cash Flow" report, I find two lines: "Job Income", and "Sales", and I cannot tell how the respective entries are categorized.

Comments

• elviskingelvisking Member Posts: 4

I'd like to have the entries categorized as "Job Income", because it strikes me as more accurate. I drafted an invoice, it was paid, I entered it, and some seem to go into Sales, and some into Job Income. Is it due to the bank import of these transactions? I'm baffled...

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @elvisking . Income accounts are associated on the product level. This means that when you create a product/service, you choose an income account for it (it defaults to Sales unless you change it). Then when you add these products/services to your invoices, they appear under that income category in your Reports.

To change this, you will have to go into your products and change the income account associated with it. Because these effects are not retroactive, you can go into your invoices and remove / re-add the product with the updated income account, which will update it in your reports as well.

• elviskingelvisking Member Posts: 4

Laborious, but it worked! Thank you.