DELIVERY NOTES

Lisa_7206Lisa_7206 Member Posts: 15

Good Day Admin

Please could you let me know if there will be a Delivery Notes option added at some stage. This is something that we would use on a regular basis.

Thanks so much in advance :)

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hello @Lisa_7206! At the moment we do not have anything in the works for this. I'm interested to hear some more information about your business and what you would like to see if a delivery note feature were to be released? It is helpful for our team to have the insight of our customers when creating or developing a feature! Happy to pass on your feedback :)

• andynoiseboyandynoiseboy Member Posts: 13

I think I've raised this before and it fell on deaf ears. To me, it seems inconceivable to not have the ability to create a delivery/despatch note for a sale. Every other app I've used has the facility. More businesses than ever these days put their products in boxes and ship them to customers. A delivery note serves as confirmation to the receiver as to what was shipped, so they can check on arrival. This is very important. If some dispute later arises as to whether a shipment matches an order or whether there was a shortfall, the inclusion of a delivery note removes ambiguity and places responsibility on the receiver to verify that the shipment is present and correct.
    I am currently modifying invoices to create delivery notes but it's time consuming and this, for me, may be the impetus to ditch waveapp and move on.

• andynoiseboyandynoiseboy Member Posts: 13

I've just found the thread where I previously commented.
    https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/11159#Comment_11159
    This was raised, and acknowledged by waveapp people as being important 11 months ago. Multiple user comments followed using words such as 'eager', 'essential', 'badly need' etc.
    If an administrator could please verify whether this feature will not be implemented shortly then users can make informed decisions as to the suitability.
    If the approach is 'it's a free app, you get what you're given' then that's fine, I understand - I personally just need to know.

• Lisa_7206Lisa_7206 Member Posts: 15

Thank you for your comments here @andynoiseboy
    Delivery notes are a vital part of our business now, as we have thankfully grown in the last 2-3 months. I will now have to look at modifying invoices to create a delivery notes as well, and I agree, this is a time consuming method, and something I really don't have the time for.
    I would also like to find out if administration will be implementing this as an option soon, as we may also need to look at suitability.
    I would prefer not to as I enjoy all that waveapps has to offer.
    Please admin, can you address this as a matter of urgency.
    Thanks so much!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @andynoiseboy, @Lisa_7206

Thanks again for reaching out about this and I apologize that you have been left with a glimmer of hope but no real updates. We are currently working on updates in the Sales tab, particularly invoicing. I will be frank when I say that it doesn't look like delivery notes are on the roadmap for future updates. I understand that your business may benefit from this greatly, and I appreciate you being open about this. Our system is a cloud based software that isn't necessarily tailored to specifically to retailers. Our common denominator of users are service based users who don't always require this tool. Although we are seeing a larger and larger increase of folks reaching out about this, we are currently prioritizing a list of updates in our system, and I apologize but I have not heard of this coming up.

• KevinnKevinn Member Posts: 2

can Wave create delivery notes

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kevinn . I've merged your comment into this post for more context on this feature idea.

• KevinnKevinn Member Posts: 2
    I don't follow what the challenge is regarding delivery notes. All that is needed is for wave to simply transfer the invoice info on a document titled delivery note without values
  • Lisa_7206Lisa_7206 Member Posts: 15

@Kevinn
    I am also not understanding the challenge with regards to this. In a lot of cases, where there is an invoice, there should be a delivery note.

• FizzleBrizzleFizzleBrizzle Member Posts: 4

"Service Based Users" DO require a "delivery note". Jobs done needs to be signed by company job was done for.

Currently I have to go into Estimates, change "Estimates" to Delivery Note and remove price and it shows as "Zero", print it out and change (again) back to Quotation and input the prices, convert it to an invoice and print out.

Thats a big hassle. Its been about 2 weeks now doing the above. I'm getting a little tired of it.

Like Kevinn said, the app simply needs to remove the price

• IanRed3IanRed3 Member Posts: 1

Any news on the delivery note? I like Wave, but it is missing a very basic feature I think

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @IanRed3 !

At this time, I'm afraid that this feature is not currently supported by Wave. For full transparency, this feature idea is not on our immediate product road map and we have no ETA available as to when or if this feature will be implemented. With that being said, we are not dismissing your feedback on this as we often revisit/reconsidered these feature ideas. Thanks for reaching out.