Error on Bulk Transaction Upload even though my date formats are correct

Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed MohamedMohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

I am receiving error messages related to the format of my dates even though I have ensured they are according to the required format for upload - "DD-MMM-YY" e.g.31-Aug-15

I am receiving the error as follows:

"Oops! Something isn't right.Please correct what's highlighted below. " and

"Wave is having difficulty reading the dates of your transactions.Learn more. "

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Mohamed! I'm assuming that you're attempting to upload in CSV format, is that correct? Sometimes the uploader is finicky here so I'd recommend trying Sheets if you have been unsuccessful with Excel. Most people I have spoken to get the best results after inputting the data into a Google Sheet document and then downloading it as a CSV. Column A as the date (in MM/DD/YYYYformat), B as the description, and C as the amount (income as XX.XX and expense as -XX.XX).

• JenJen Member Posts: 1

It literally ONLY SAYS THIS HERE.
    I have been searching for HOURS and trying to get a hold of someone to help me with these columns! Wtf. This should be in the instructions.

• Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed MohamedMohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Yes I also felt the same. As I was uploading using files created from Excel before and suddenly this error came up. The I was trying a million times :) again and again before I posted this on the forum...