Options

Paypal Integration

Shell_kShell_k Member Posts: 2

Paypal integration seems to have disappeared - it was there last month. Any suggestions or have I missed something?

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Shell_k . We've ended our bank integrations for UK and EU users in Wave - this includes our PayPal integration. Feel free to take a further look at the following thread for more info:

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5165/changes-to-bank-connections-in-the-uk-eu#latest

edited October 11, 2019
  • Options
    WaveUser001WaveUser001 Member Posts: 1

Hello? PayPal integration for the USA seems to have also disappeared! This is bad.
    Is this somehow a mistake (maybe my account has an incorrect location on it?) or has ALL Paypal integration been killed off?

edited October 16, 2019
  • Options

HI @WaveUser001 . If your business is located in the US (it looks to be so) then you should still have access to the PayPal integration. When you go to the Integrations page (bottom of your toolbar) you don't see the PayPal integration there?

• Options
    lasmans31lasmans31 Member Posts: 2

Hi. I have connected my Paypal account in Wave. It was fine till 21st October, but then there are no transactions afterward, Is there some Paypal malfunctioning or is it some problem with Wave?

• Options
    GreenGreen Member Posts: 2

I am also having a problem downlording paypal account now.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @lasmans31 @Green

I've merged your conversation into this thread discussing the paypal feature and your potential location. Please see comments above.

• Options
    DigitalMuDigitalMu Member Posts: 2

So I'm a brand new customer (signed up a couple of hours ago and doing a test run --- I'm definitely in the US and I also have no options for Paypal integration (possibly the primary feature I wanted).

• Options

Hey @DigitalMu . What do you see when you head to the Integrations page located at the bottom of the toolbar? Is there no option for a PayPal integration?

• Options
    DigitalMuDigitalMu Member Posts: 2

@AlexL said:
    Hey @DigitalMu . What do you see when you head to the Integrations page located at the bottom of the toolbar? Is there no option for a PayPal integration?

LOL...I see what I was too blind and stupid to see yesterday :)

Sorry, apparently I was a victim of Noob Syndrome :)

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. I was totally looking at the wrong thing.

• Options

All good @DigitalMu , that's what we're here for :)

• Options
    Luis1Luis1 Member Posts: 4

Hello Alex - I also have Paypal integrated however I can't seem to import YTD transactions. Any advice?

• Options
    Luis1Luis1 Member Posts: 4

@Luis1 said:
    Hello Alex - I also have Paypal integrated however I can't seem to import YTD transactions. Any advice?

Also it doesn't seem to update continuously. I haven't received any transactions since the 17th of November. Anything else I need to do?

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Luis1!

Our PayPal integration can certainly experience some issues with importing transactions at times. I can assure you that you are not the first user to report that you are experiencing difficulties with this integration.I would recommend attempting to 'refresh' the connection using the following instructions:

Click Integrations, then click the pen icon to the right of the PayPal integration to edit that connection. When you open this window you will be able to adjust the date field to import from one day prior to the date you currently have listed. Doing this will act as a manual refresh and prompt the system to pull any transactions that have not been automatically imported.

If this does not resolve the issue, then, unfortunately, the connection is most likely broken, and as a result, it will be necessary to upload your PayPal transactions using a .CSV upload. I realize that this is far from ideal, but given the current state of our PayPal integrations, you may find that this approach causes fewer headaches in the long run. The first step will be to download your PayPal history HERE and then format the .CSV file so that it fits the format below:

01/01/2015, Description 1, -250
    01/02/2015, Description 2, 550.50
    01/02/2015, Description 3, -120.75

Uploading the resulting file should allow you to get all of your PayPal transactions recorded in Wave.

Another option would be to use Wave Connect, our Google Sheet add-on to get those PayPal transactions into Wave. You can learn more about Wave Connect and how to set it up HERE.