Options

W9's with Invoicing

TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

Hi,
Feature request: allow the upload and storage of the IRS form W9 when creating an Invoice. In my industry a W9 is always required along with the Invoice.

When sending an invoice in Wave, if there was a way to include a W9 with an Invoice it would make it much easier to use the invoicing features in Wave and not have to download a PDF invoice and email manually along with a W9.

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TLCINC_18 . We definitely do get the request to be able to attach documents to invoices from time-to-time. Thanks for providing your specific reasoning here (in regards to IRS form W9). I can definitely see how this would make it easier for you!

• Options
    AeroNutAeroNut Member Posts: 1

Is there an update on this request?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @AeroNut !

Thanks for reaching out about this. At this time, I'm afraid that Wave does not support this functionality in this version of the app. For full transparency, we don't plan on implementing it in the near future as it is not on our current product road map. Please note that we are not dismissing your interest in this feature as we revisit and reevaluate feature ideas frequently.

edited February 9, 2021
  • Options
    AHerringAHerring Member Posts: 1

Checking in to see if this option is in production. Thanks

• Options
    daverabrdxdaverabrdx Member Posts: 1

we would also benefit greatly from this exact feature. W9s are always required with our invoices.
    Thanks

• Options
    steadidavidsteadidavid Member Posts: 1

Ditto. I specifically always have to "export as PDF and mark as sent" instead of sending through your system because I need to include a W9 or other documents.

You guys are losing out on potential ACH and credit card fees because I and others just do not use your emailing system feature.

• Options
    kindralefevrekindralefevre Member Posts: 1

I concur. This missing feature is incredibly important for invoicing clients. The ability to attach PDFs of a W-9 and other billing information (detail for hourly legal engagements, for instance) would allow me to send all our invoices through Wave rather than having to download invoices and sent many of them via email instead of through your system.

From Wave's perspective, this would give you a greater opportunity to earn ACH and credit card fees, as more clients would pay through Wave if all invoices were sent through Wave.

• Options
    ApexPresentationsApexPresentations Member Posts: 1

Any update on this?

For anyone doing invoicing with multiple customers over a year this feature will be needed repeatedly and would minimize having to relearn how to complete every time and minimize overhead.