Bug report

TomiTomi Member Posts: 4

There seems to be a bug. When I go to Reports/Account Balances, it shows a -5000 Account Payable, but when I click to see all the details of Account Payable, everything is in order, it's balanced out and it's zero... how can I fix that?

Comments

• JayantiJayanti Member Posts: 1

Even I am facing same issue

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @Tomi . Can you send me some screenshots of this process so I can see all of the balances and how they differ?

@Jayanti You're also seeing -5000 in Accounts Payable? If so, please send me screenshots as well.

• paulpatpaulpat Member Posts: 19

I have the same problem. In an Account Balances Report for a specific date range for a specific liability account, it shows a -55.2 under credits. Clicking into the link in the report brings up "No results were found". I can also confirm that there are no transactions in that account, in that date range.

I hope there's a simple explanation.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @paulpat!

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

• paulpatpaulpat Member Posts: 19

@JulianP said:

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

Hi Julian, thanks for fixing this. From a business and data integrity / robustness point of view, I have some concerns related to this bug. I feel I need to be able to detect the presence of the bug, and @AlexL indicated it is up to users to find and request the fix. I proposed a process that I can use to detect the error in the future, located in a different thread: "Wave has two different balances for the same account"

Would you be able to take a look and give some feedback?

Thanks, Paul

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @paulpat !

Just a heads up, Alex responded to your post in the "Wave has two different balances for the same account" discussion here.

edited April 14, 2021