Upload documents to invoices

jmunsonjmunson Member Posts: 2

It would really help me out if there was a way to upload documents to an invoice. I would like to be able to upload my customer PO's to the invoices for tracking and even the ability to upload my customers payment confirmations as well. Is this something that may be possible and I'm just missing it?

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @jmunson ! I totally hear where you're coming from on this, that's a cool feature idea. Are you referring to the ability to attach files to invoices for your own internal use? A file storage type of deal? Definitely a cool idea, I'd love to hear more about how you think this would impact your business!

• jmunsonjmunson Member Posts: 2

Hi @ConnorM, I would use this for record keeping. If a customer ever comes back and asks what the invoice is in reference to i would be able to easily download there PO and send it back to them. I work with customers where accounting and purchasing are 2 different departments.

All that said i have had to move away from wave to other applications because of a need for inventory management and PO processing I have gone through several applications looking for one that handles these features with the simplicity that wave has for invoicing but i haven't found one yet. I truly wish you guys had these features.

• peterkpeterk Member Posts: 2

That's not the only reason to attach files. It's very common for businesses to send various documents with invoices; I send expense receipts and timesheets with my invoices, for instance, so right now I have to download the invoice and create an email, then attach the documents...I can't send out of Wave.

• JamrJamr Member Posts: 37

If you use the send invoice feature in Wave and select Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo email option, you can easily attach any documents to that email.
    But my bigger question is. Wave has no PO function. Where are people getting PO's from?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @peterk

As @Jamr mentioned there is a workaround to sending your invoice through gmail with other attachments. I understand it's not the same, but this could be a viable option in the meantime.

I'm assuming you're speaking of Purchase Orders? Or is it PO box numbers. If you could clarify and contextualize how this might benefit your specific that would be fantastic for our product team when they skim through the community.

• peterkpeterk Member Posts: 2

I use Outlook on my Mac; I don't use Outlook.com, Gmail, or Yahoo, or I'd be doing that already!