Correct credit card transactions(wrong account)

KyleKyle Member Posts: 2

Hello all, I am desperately trying to get my year end/T4s done on the weekend (the only time I really have time to work on it)

The problem I am running into is that when I setup Wave Payments (credit card processing) I mistakenly selected "Cash on Hand" as the destination account when it should have been going into my chequing account, now I have duplicate transactions for every deposit (from my bank statements and waves own credit card processing stuff)

How can I fix this? It will not let me change the account on the wave transaction.

I tried to call their support line for wave payments, but apparently, they are not open on weekends? I find that crazy given they promote themselves as a company focused on small businesses. When else do they think we would be taking care of this kind of stuff?

Thanks,
Kyle

edited February 25, 2018 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• KyleKyle Member Posts: 2

If anyone else comes across this, they have no way of correcting the transactions.

So you have to change the default account for future transactions and recommend just deleting everything and re-creating it. I have opted to just remove my deposit transactions and use a Journal entry to move the funds from cash on hand to the other account.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kyle.

Brittany has followed up with you on the ticket you opened - please let us know if you didn't receive it! If you have any further questions on this issue, please follow up there.