Paypal help!

sanmorrissanmorris Member Posts: 1

I have wave linked to both my paypal and my credit card. When ever i make a paypal purchase online for supplies the paypal uses my credit card. So when i look at my paypal account in wave i can see two listings for each purchase ive made, one being the money going out to make the purchase, and the other being the money coming in (transferred from my credit card). Then when i look at my credit card transaction account in wave i can see the money paid to paypal. How do i manage this? Should i sort the credit card payments to paypal as transfers to paypal? Then in paypal should i catagories the money coming into paypal as the transfer from credit card? And then finally, does my actual receipt details get entered in on the paypal purchase? is this right?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @sanmorris . You'll want to link 2 of these transactions together as transfers. You can use our Help Center article to help you out with the necessary steps.

Basically, the transaction leaving your credit card should be linked to the transaction entering your PayPal account. You'll also then have an additional PayPal expense transaction which is the money that was spent on supplies. In total 3 transactions, 2 of which are linked together as transfers.

• BowfingerBowfinger Member Posts: 2

I am having this exact issue. This transfer connect works with checks I've written to pay credit cards. But the Paypal connection isn't working. With two transactions right on top of each other I still don't see any 'match' within the Transfer To/From window.

• BowfingerBowfinger Member Posts: 2

Actually, I think I may have figured it out. My Paypal has multiple CCs attached. I may have used one of the CC that is not currently connected to my Waves account.