Bank Account Updates have stopped

ladygunslingersladygunslingers Member Posts: 2

I have a US Bank and I am in the US (yes I read some of the posts), but Wave is no longer updating with my bank account. What am I missing?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @ladygunslingers . Which bank are you with? Also, when was the last time you saw transactions pulled in from the bank connection? How many transactions should you have seen since then?

edited November 1, 2019
  • PJ_SnowPJ_Snow Member Posts: 3

My bank is not syncing either. My bank, ENT is saying that they have upgraded their security and Wave has not updated their software so that things can sync.
    I unfortunately will most likely have to switch to another program and pay a monthly fee.
    Any insights from moderators when and if Wave will sync with my bank again?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @PJ_Snow

Currently the error I'm seeing is this:

Re-verification Required (427): We could not update your account due to the bank site requiring you to view a new promotion. Please log in to the site and click through to your account overview page to update the account. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A lot of the time, their bank is playing hardball with sharing data. This may require you to log into your online banking site and take a specific action before your bank allows data to aggregate again. This often takes the form of acknowledging an alert such as a product promotion, changes to the Terms of Service, or even toggling on an option such as "allow my transaction data to be shared with third party services.

Let us know if you have any luck with this!

• ladygunslingersladygunslingers Member Posts: 2

Without doing much on my part, it updated right after the statement notices were sent out. Seems to be working fine for me now. Not sure what we did though :)

I called my bank and talked to an IT person. They said it falls on Wave to make it work again. They updated their security and now Wave needs to create software that can communicate with my bank again. I am sure that my bank is not a priority because it is a Colorado bank and not nation wide.
    I will just subscribe and use Quick Books next year. If I ever finish manually entering transactions in time.....

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @PJ_Snow . It's very possible that your bank made updates and that our data aggregator does now need to make the necessary updates. I'd continue to attempt to connect as these updates could happen at any time.

In the meantime, try using Wave Connect which should allow you to get those manual transactions into Wave a lot quicker.

Thanks!
    I will give wave connect a try right now.