Trial Balance Missing Accounts

larimarlarimar Member Posts: 3

Hi there:

I am running the trial balance report and am finding that not all the accounts with balances are included. When I run my balance sheet report for the same effective date there are many additional accounts shown there that don't appear in the trial balance (for example, credit card payable and various tax accounts).

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this by design? I am used to a trial balance including all accounts with a balance. Before the reports areas was redone this was the case.

Comments

• WCCWCC Member Posts: 9

Hi - did you ever get this resolved? I'm finding a similar issue today as I'm doing April reconciliations - couldn't find Prepaid Expense on the Trial Balance, and A/R was off. Then I realized Prepaid Expense was getting rolled into A/R for the Trial Balance report, which is not what I'd expect to see!

Every other account seems to show up though.

• Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @WCC!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing some troubles with your Trial Balance report. The Trial Balance Report should be displaying all accounts that have balances (credit or debit) and/or related transactions. This would include tax accounts and credit card payables. As a result, I've gone ahead and initiated a reflow on your account.

This is something that can be done from the back end of our accounting system, and can often resolve issues related to miscalculations/errors on the reports and reconciliation pages. I'm hoping that this should resolve the issue with your Trial Balance Report. Please give this a day to see if it updates.

If you're finding that the issue with the Trial Balance persists beyond a day, could you please at that point let us know, and include a screenshot of an Account Transactions (General Ledger) report, for a specific account that's missing from your Trial Balance? In addition, could you also provide a screenshot of the Trial Balance report, that shows that the specified account is missing? Thanks!

• larimarlarimar Member Posts: 3

@Kristian_G This has not been resolved for me (nor did anyone reach out back in November) - can you please investigate my account and see what is going on? Thanks.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @larimar

Would you mind sharing an example of what type of accounts are not appearing? If you head to your transactions page > Filter the transactions by the missing account types, is there a balance here? Are your dates on the trial balance report coinciding with the dates of the transactions in that missing account? Any additional information could help us diagnose the issue! Thanks so much!

edited May 20, 2020
  • larimarlarimar Member Posts: 3

@BarsinA see the attached screenshots for liability accounts. The smaller list is from the trial balance, the longer list if from the balance sheet for the same date. All the accounts on the balance sheet have a balance as of the date.

Trial Balance

Balance Sheet

edited May 20, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @larimar , can you send a screenshot of your Liabilities page under the Chart of Accounts. I'm thinking this may have something to do with the exact placement of the account but I'll need to see where exactly these accounts are located to investigate further.

Thanks!