Options

Tutor wanted

SusanSusan Member Posts: 3

I am looking to hire someone to tutor me on how to use Wave for what I need. I want to use it very simply. No payroll, journal entries, etc. All I need it for is entering expenses and income using a chart of accounts, customers and vendors. And run a few simple reports. I'm transitioning over from Quick Book Online which is far more than I need. I have a Zoom video conferencing account that we can use.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @Susan! Other members of the Community will jump in here, but I can also recommend our webinars to help you get started.

• Options
    J_SennJ_Senn Member Posts: 17

hi @Susan not sure if this is a job for someone but wave does onboarding and paid accounting services through the professional services option in the menu

• Options

Can't believe I didn't think of that! :) That's correct @James Senn @Susan Professional Services sounds like a great option for your needs: you can schedule a call with an internal team at Wave to guide you through onboarding and get you set up for success.

Alternatively, @Susan, if you're already beginning to feel comfortable I can recommend our newly launched Guide to Fearless Accounting With Wave, which is a comprehensive reference tool for managerial accounting on our platform.

@Susan I want to extend an apology for the lack of response to your post thus far. I know you're probably very busy and waiting around for help is somewhat less than ideal. We're working hard to foster growth and support here in the Community so that you'll see more activity like the above post in the future.

If you have a moment, please let us know your thoughts on the above!

• Options
    SusanSusan Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the response everyone. I've set up a 20 min. consult and see how I can go forward with some minor tutoring. The $249 one-time fee for coaching would likely be way more than what I need and the cost would defeat the purpose. I'm wanting to reduce accounting expenses, and right now I'm paying QBO $35/mo ($420/yr). @Charlotte

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Susan. Let us know your impressions after that call, we'd love to hear your thoughts!

• Options
    betaglassbetaglass Member Posts: 1

Susan, I am in the same position (transitioning from QB, need basic tutoring for basic usage). Can you share the resources your found?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @betaglass!

If you would like to set up a consultation to see if our Professional Services are right for you, log into your Wave account and click on Professional Services on the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side.

I also recommend reading our brand new guide, Fearless Accounting with Wave.

• Options

@betaglass Welcome! Thanks for jumping into the conversation too. :) I'd echo @Alexia and also suggest creating your own post here for more visibility if you think that working with an accountant or bookkeeper for a period of time is a possible solution.

We'd love to hear more about why you decided to make the transition, too!