Options

Purchase invoices and bills with Google Sheets

Mr_DidotMr_Didot Member Posts: 5

Hi Wave,

Can I upload purchase invoices and bills with Google sheets? Perhaps answered already?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Mr_Didot! Looks like this Help Center article here might be your best bet :) Wave Connect does this pretty handily!

• Options
    nigelwheelernigelwheeler Member Posts: 20

@Mr_Didot , unfortunately I don't think the answer from @ConnorM is correct. I asked basically this question in March here and, as far as I know, nothing has changed from the response by @PaulC - you cannot upload anything on the purchasing side (i.e. Bills) using Wave Connect.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Options
    Mr_DidotMr_Didot Member Posts: 5

Hi Nigel,
    Yes I agree, I cannot see how to add purchase invoices through Google Connect. And the "bulk journal" function only seems to be usful for adding opening balances. A shame. If it can be done for sales invoices and then it should be a relatively simple step to do purchases.

I am not complaining as it is a free service.

But this would make a great pet project for those nice folks at Wave Accounting ;)

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Mr_Didot @nigelwheeler

As you may have guessed already purchase invoices are not available in Wave at this time, nor through the integration Wave connect. If you have already checked out -->This Thread<-- I'd recommend doing so and contributing as well!

• Options
    nigelwheelernigelwheeler Member Posts: 20

@Mr_Didot in an ideal world Wave would find some way to open source their core product whilst retaining their revenue streams from payment processing & premium services. Then we could all just get on with sorting it out.
    I have great hopes for the continued development of the API and appreciate being able to benefit from the product but the frustrations of being at the mercy of a closed-source, corporate system can overwhelm the joy somewhat at times :neutral: