Rename Bank Accounts

ilovecrowsilovecrows Member Posts: 1

I see previous posts from 2018 about renaming bank accounts from the name the bank gives them to our own name/nickname for them.
Users should be able to easily change their importing account names and those names should then be reflected throughout Wave.
Bank account names can be changed from what the bank names them. It's a simple feature in mint.com for example. I'm sure Wave can do the same.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ilovecrows . So just to be clear, you want to be able to change the bank account names under the Banking > Bank Connections page, and not the bank accounts that your transactions are being pulled into under Chart of Accounts?

If this is the case, we appreciate the feature idea. I don't believe this is currently located on our roadmap at the moment, but I'd love to hear your reason as to why you'd like to change them so we can have some more context.

• ryansocraticryansocratic Member Posts: 1

I second that this should be an option right from either the Chart of Accounts page or the Connected Accounts screen under Banking. Some of us, likely a lot of us, have multiple types of accounts at the same bank and it's really hard to reconcile accounts when you have several named the same. Then I'm surprised that wasn't an initial requirement.

Here is what I just did to work around this until they fix add the feature:
    I had to go rename each of my accounts, adding a numeral to each so I could distinguish them from one another, head back to the Reconcile page, and filter by each each account to match up the balances. That told me which account was which, but this took time that really didn't need to be spent. I definitely recommend that as an addition to future versions of the platform.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @ryansocratic! Thank you for sharing your workaround here! I'm sure others will find this useful to reference as well. I understand that following this process does take extra time, so a feature that would allow you to change this with ease would improve your workflow!