Getting started on bookkeeping, payments from Stripe

dabernathy89dabernathy89 Member Posts: 8

Hey y'all - this is a beginner question. I just signed us up for Wave and I'd like to start using it for bookkeeping. We get almost all of our payments via Stripe (a few paper checks as well). We have few expenses. We are not (currently) issuing any invoices from Wave, although I imagine we will in the future.

I'm not sure which of the following is the right approach to take:

• Connect bank & Stripe (via Zapier), and figure out how to consolidate/connect the batched bank deposits with the individual Stripe transactions
  • Only connect Stripe, and manually add any non-Stripe transactions.
  • Only connect the bank, and manually split the deposits.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• dabernathy89dabernathy89 Member Posts: 8

If the answer is #2 or #3, I think I have enough information from the forum and documentation to move forward. However, if the answer is #1, I really don't know where to start.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @dabernathy89! I think #3 might be your best bet here! Should be easy enough to split those deposits, categorize them as 'Payment received for an invoice in Wave', and allocate them to their respective invoices :) Thanks for signing up, and welcome!

• dabernathy89dabernathy89 Member Posts: 8

Thanks @ConnorM! My main hesitation with that route is just that there can be a dozen or more ticket purchases in a single Stripe deposit, but it may not end up being that difficult.