Automatic Bank Feeds Not Reliable

Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Member Posts: 2

I have several clients who use Wave and who are all currently having trouble with their bank feeds not pulling in transactions. This has happened on more than one occasion. It has gotten to the point that we cannot rely on Wave anymore and we will actually be considering other online accounting software solutions. I'm sorry to say Wave support hasn't helped so far which is another factor to switching.

Has anyone else had the same struggles? I have so much work to get done for my clients and these technical issues are making my job so much more difficult.

Comments

• QTLQTL Member Posts: 3

I am also searching to find an alternative to Wave for the same reason ... Having to wait 72 hours between transaction updates is a joke and the Wave customer service is no help at all, and apparently there is no plan to fix this problem.

• StephPorterStephPorter Member Posts: 9

I am having the same problem and am not impressed at all. Quickbooks allows manual updates. There is no reason why Wave can't offer the same.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @QTL . I've already tagged you in another post that you commented on, but as I mentioned, each bank does update at a different rate based on the bank as well the integration itself. We do have plans of implementing an update button somewhere down the road so you can pull in transactions when you want to, but it just doesn't exist at the moment.

• SJSSJS Member Posts: 1

I am trying to close the year for a client that uses Wave. When I last logged in back in May her amex and Suntrust bank transactions were importing with no issue. Currently the Amex is still working, but the Suntrust is not. Its green and says it is connected, but nothing has imported since May 31. Is there a way to get that data imported manually? Is there a way to fix the bank import?

• Doug1993Doug1993 Member Posts: 4

Wave is now a total letdown. Such a step backwards with the new banking connections. I believe connections is the most important feature and it doesn't sound like its changing anytime soon. I suspect many will be looking for alternatives which is too bad.

• DarenDaren Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Hi Doug. Any idea on what there are for good alternatives?

I hate to have to look at different options but if they can't get the bank connection system back to what it was before it will become increasingly more difficult to continue using wave. I have been really happy with wave before this, but now facing that it has such a random, unreliable bank connection service kinda forces me to start looking at what is out there that won't have this problem.

edited February 4, 2020
  • DigdogDigdog Member Posts: 2

Maybe try Kashoo - I am :-)

• FabRenoConFabRenoCon Member Posts: 6

I would like to know the status and forecast to resolve this connectivity issue with RBC. No data has been imported since Jan 18th (inclusive) and this is now becoming a big issue for me and my accounting activity. The fact that this issue is nearing the end of the 3rd and no solutions insight is incredibly unacceptable. The lack of this automated connectivity with banks is what many other small business looking for positive productivity.

P.S.: My connections with Simplii and President's Choice are working well.

edited February 5, 2020
  • britannicbritannic Member Posts: 22

I'm also having bank account tx import issues, they stopped working a few days after the changeover to the new 3rd party connection system.

• GrantWHallGrantWHall Member Posts: 24

Same here. The new bank connection was working fine - it took me a little to get used to having to wait 24 hours before I could pull in new transactions, but that is not a big deal. Now our account has not updated in over three days and I'm getting a little worried. Also, it used to be super simple to chat with someone at Wave, now I cannot figure out where to go to even talk to anyone other than the bot in the app.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @SJS , please submit a ticket directly to our Support team and they can take a look at your bank connection. IN the meantime, feel free to use Wave Connect to get your client's transactions into Wave manually.

Hi @FabRenoCon , our data aggregator is experiencing a system wide outage with RBC at the moment, so although we don't have an ETA, they are working on a solution. If you need to get transactions into Wave in the meantime, feel free to use Wave Connect.

Hey @brittanic , please reach out directly to our team through ticket or live chat.

@GrantWHall if you ask the chat bot for live chat, it will transfer you over to one of our agents (Monday - Friday, 9-5PM EST).

• SadatSadat Member Posts: 8

Hello, Same problem here. After wave updated their banking connection (automatic import) last November, both my chequing accounts have stopped importing transactions but somehow the credit card account is still importing. The strange part is all 3 accounts are from the same banking institution (RBC). I have emailed Wave multiple times regarding this issue through their (help BOT) and so far I just got follow up emails asking me if the issues have been fixed without actually fixing the issue. It's just unfortunate that a working system has stopped working after 2 years of use. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help.

• poshhardwareshopposhhardwareshop Member Posts: 2

The RBC issue has been going on for a month now. How can there still not be an ETA or any information as to when this might be fixed?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Sadat & @poshhardwareshop! Thanks for reaching out here. The RBC integration has been reporting ongoing issues for some time now. Our data provider is working with RBC to try and get this up and running again but the connection is taking longer than expected to fix. They are still unable to provide an ETA for us. Credit card transactions for RBC have resumed but other accounts (such as chequing & savings) are still failing. We hope this will be resolved soon as we know this is important to you. In the meantime, Wave Connect is a good alternative to get transactional data into your Wave account.