How to resume transaction imports on our new bank connection update

1235»

Comments

• ncgleasonncgleason Member Posts: 1

I'm another user having this same issue of not being able to import transactions from my bank account. I use WaFd Bank; they are on the list of banks and show connection after credentials are entered. No transactions have posted since Oct 11. I'm super frustrated with all the time I'm wasting looking for answers instead of doing the work that I love.
    Is this going to get fixed at all? What does it take to get going again with automatic importing? I'm looking for alternatives to Wave.

• mommyof4grlzmommyof4grlz Member Posts: 21

Great job wave!!! I got connected on the first try with zero hiccups or issues!! I'm not sure why everyone had such a difficult time. I bank with Bank of America and I had no problems with any of my accounts!!

• TomCooperTomCooper Member Posts: 14

@AlexL said:

@TomCooper Have you had any success with the connection yet? Can you try connecting while using incognito mode in Chrome to see if that helps?

I'm now able to log into Pinnacle, but now I get the message "We can’t import transactions from this financial institution right now"

What is going on? Your support basically being a black hole "we can't help you, and you can't reach out to us directly" is REALLY painful. I'm "betting my business" on Wave, and your service is WORSE now than before. Not thrilled. If you guys can't get better, I'll need to switch my accounting elsewhere. I've been a Wave customer for 7+ years now, and I'd hate to have to change.

I'm sure that your team wants to build great software that people love to use, and you're CLOSE, but I'm worried that you guys are slipping away....

• shafnitzshafnitz Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Fortunately, things seem to be stabilizing for my accounts. I think there's still a delay with American Express, but they say they're working with AMEX on that.

• Light_in_Dark_PlacesLight_in_Dark_Places Member Posts: 1

my accounts have not updated since 2/13. there was never an email or link to "resume." I'm not seeing any clear information on how to move forward....

• mjhmjh Member Posts: 9 admin

@TomCooper
    You'll be happy to see we've added the Dashboard Widget back for you :)

• mjhmjh Member Posts: 9 admin

@ArchiTech
    1) I miss the dashboard and ability to manually trigger an import.

You'll be happy to see the Dashboard Widget is back. While we still don't have a way to manually trigger an import, I assure you it is not necessary and most bank update automatically throughout the day. If you're bank is not updating in a couple days, please send a support ticket so we can investigate.

• TomCooperTomCooper Member Posts: 14

w00t! I just logged in earlier today to look for that! Now, after hitting refresh, I see it!

It's a little confusing, though, because my checking accounts (at Pinnacle) say "last updated 8 hours ago" but when I go to "connected accounts" I see this message:

• We can’t import transactions from this financial institution right now.

I'm pleased to see the balances widget is back (and I can see my credit cards, which is an improvement - today I had to log into my credit card account to get the balance to pay it, so this is a win.

WHEN MIGHT I GET MY Pinnacle balances to AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE again?
    I really don't prefer downloading files from my bank and uploading them to Wave!
    Tom

• KevinSKevinS Member Posts: 6

Thank you for listening and adding the connected account widget back on the dashboard! I have also been experiencing more frequent & stable updates to my connected TD Canada Trust connected accounts - much appreciated.

• MicahBMicahB Member Posts: 1

My bank has stopped importing transactions. It hasn't imported anything since 2/5. When I go to connected accounts, there is no "Resume" button. Please help.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out in our Community. As you are aware Wave has recently changed to a new data provider. We acknowledge that the transition has not been smooth for all users so we apologize if you have been impacted by this.

The transition to the new provider is now complete and most financial institutions and account types were able to resume connections as normal. However, we are also seeing instances where connections are failing for various reasons. Our top priority is working with our data aggregator to identify and resolve these issues. For us to be able to track these issues or look into your specific case, we encourage you to submit a ticket to our Support team for further investigation.

If you had trouble reconnecting, or your account or Financial Institution is currently not supported by our new data aggregator we know this can be frustrating. If you are not able to connect we have some great alternative solutions for data importing such as Wave Connect which allows you to have greater control over your importing, or our CSV uploader.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. As we continue to try and troubleshoot any connection issues that you may be having, we’ve added a support link to the bottom of the Help Center article (found on Page 1 of the thread) so that you can reach out to our Support team directly and get more personalized help with the issue you’re facing. We will be closing out this thread but you now have a more direct route to obtaining support through the link. Thanks!

edited March 5, 2020
This discussion has been closed.