Options

Bulk upload for receipts?

BrendonBrendon Member Posts: 7

I am migrating all of my documents into Wave from old book keeping software. I have a huge collection of PDF and JPG images of my receipts. Is there a way to bulk upload these files on the receipt upload page? I can't seem to drag and drop one or multiple files onto the page, copy and pasting only does one at a time, and when I click the "Upload a Receipt" button it only allows me to select one image at a time. I will be here for hours if I have to upload one receipt at a time. Am I missing something or does anyone have a suggestion?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Brendon! Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to upload those receipts from your computer in bulk. If you have the ability to, you could download our receipts mobile app in order to upload those receipts 10 at a time, though it would require the file being on that device.

• Options
    DiemesDiemes Member Posts: 2
    I would like to automate the process to upload and categorise the receipts. But I haven't found the API for this part and there are some protection against browser bots.
    May you suggest any solution for that?
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Diemes . That's correct, we don't have API for this currently and I'm afraid there's no other way to have it handled automatically at the moment. Keep up to date with our API portal and we'll let you know when this is available to you!

• Options
    DiemesDiemes Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for replying.
    May you suggest any web scraping library that the site would Ballow me to use to automate these task?
  • Options
    GlennFGlennF Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

This can easily be done with UI Vision RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Chrome or Firefox extension.

edited January 15, 2020
  • Options
    baribeaupbaribeaup Member Posts: 1

I just wanted to chime in here because the information in this thread is incorrect, yet it's the top search result for this topic. Per this other community helpdesk thread, you can upload multiple files at once by simply dragging and dropping them from your file explorer into the browser window on the upload page.

I've tested and confirmed this works. It's making my receipt catch up a lot easier right now, compared to having to click 3+ times to upload each one.