How to delete all transactions from one account

karthikshankarthikshan Member Posts: 4

Hi - when I signed into waves today, it asked me to re-enter my bank credentials - which I did - I then noticed that the auto import from the bank account was not turned ON. So when I turned it ON, it re-imported all of the transactions again and now I have double entries of the same transaction from the same bank account. How can I fix this? I would like to delete all transactions from this bank and can re-import again? but I dont see an option to filter transactions from one account and do a delete all. Could you please suggest what my best options are here?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @karthikshan . If you head to the Accounting > Transaction page, you can select an account in the top left corner of the screen. You can then tick all necessary transactions that you want to delete to bulk delete them. ALthough we don't have a "delete all" button, this is the next best way of doing so.

• karthikshankarthikshan Member Posts: 4

hi @AlexL - Thanks. I did that and when I reimport the account back, its showing the amounts doubled now. I tried to even import it as a new account but the entries are still doubled now. Is it possible to do clean up of that account on mine? - Happy New Year

Hi @karthikshan . Are you noticing that you do actually have doubles in your Transactions page? Is this for all transactions or just some of them?

hi @AlexL - Yes I see doubles for all the transactions from that one account. I really need some help in cleaning this up. Deleting and adding the account back is not helping. Its bringing back the doubles again

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @karthikshan! Unfortunately, deleting and re-adding your bank account may continue to create these duplicated transactions. We will not be able to make these changes in the account for you, as you will need to remove those duplicated transactions yourself. Is your connection bringing in two transactions for every automatic import? Or does this only happen when you're trying to connect the account? When you have your card connected and make a payment with it, does that bring in the payment transaction two times?

Hi @ConnorM - thanks. Yes every auto import brings back the two transactions till then.

That's definitely odd, @karthikshan. I've taken a look into your account and submitted a ticket to our banking aggregator about this - hopefully we see a fix relatively soon, but the duplicated transactions will unfortunately need to be deleted manually. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• MattLMattL Member Posts: 1

Hey there,
    I'm wondering how I may delete all of the transactions in an account once I've unlinked the account. I connected the wrong account and as the data did not delete, my numbers did not return to $0.00

Hey @MattL! You should be able to navigate into that account, and click the 'Select All' picker near the top left corner of the transaction list. This should give you the option to bulk delete those transactions. Let me know if we can help further here.

• AdrianoAdriano Member Posts: 1

Hi there,
    same issue here.

I really love the new software and I can't wait for your banking options, but reconciliation is becoming a nightmare.

Any updates on this?

Best,
    Adriano

Hi @Adriano , to be clear you're looking for a way to delete all transactions in a specific account? I'm afraid that at the moment there haven't been any changes to Wave to add this feature.

• Shuting2021Shuting2021 Member Posts: 1

Same problem here. Could not remove double entries no matter what.