Bank connection no longer working: Coast Capital Savings Credit Union

DhruvDhruv Member Posts: 4

The Coast Capital Savings Credit Union bank connection used to work well, but Coast Capital recently performed a platform upgrade that changed how users sign into their Online Banking. They are running the old platform (supported by Wave) and the new platform (not supported by Wave) in parallel, phasing out the old for the new.

I recently upgraded my online banking to the new system, but it broke my bank connection with Wave (I tried updating my credentials to no avail). This is a major impediment to my user experience with Wave, and I imagine it negatively impacts the majority of users that bank with Coast Capital.

My questions for the Wave team:

1. Are you aware of this issue?
  2. When do you intend to implement and deploy a working Coast Capital bank connection? Please hurry :smile:

Thanks,
Dhruv

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Dhruv Hi Dhruv. WHen a bank makes some major updates to their website or their back end API, our third party data aggregator who runs these connections for us may lose the connection and may need to establish a new one.

Our aggregator usually fixes these updates pretty quickly, but it sometimes does take a while longer depending on the fix needed. While you're waiting for the connection to re-establish, try using Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave.

• DhruvDhruv Member Posts: 4

@AlexL Thank you for the update. Do you know when the third party will re-establish the connection to Coast Capital?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Dhruv

We don't have the insight into when this will be established. We can only let you know that our data aggregator has been made aware of this issue! Thanks for mentioning it in the community and hopefully they will be able to re-establish this new login method soon!

It's been over a month since I've been able to use my bank connection. I know that Coast Capital has been rolling out the UI changes over the past year, which means that the connection has been broken for up to a year for users that were upgraded to the new UI early on in the process. Any update on when this will be fixed? Is it possible to expedite this given its urgency?

I received the email notification that you are using a new provider. Note that my credentials are correctly verified with Coast Capital, but it states that there are no accounts to import.

• WestCoastLadyWestCoastLady Member Posts: 1

Plus one for the request to fix the Coast Capital Credit Union connection. Thank you.

• FreelancermanFreelancerman Member Posts: 1

I've had similar issues for several months as well, and I must point out that Wave Connect is not a viable option either. Coast Capital does not currently support the correct exporting options. Any update on this matter is greatly appreciated.

• michelleramichellera Member Posts: 1

Yes, please fix this!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @michellera

I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to help you as they will have some more insight into your accounts and your bank! They will be able to open up a potential case with our third party data aggregator to see what the issue might be! Thanks.

• AlexanderAlexander Member Posts: 1

Any updates on this? Your partner Plaid supports our bank (Coast Capital) so not sure where the disconnect is but perhaps is a simple fix now? https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2019/03/145833-plaid-expands-institution-coverage-in-canada/

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Alexander , please reach out directly to our Support team through tickets and they can give you further information on the status of this along with possibly send in a request for this to be added. Thanks!

• John_TJohn_T Member Posts: 1

@alexL Do you mean reach out directly to your support bot that doesn't know how to categorize this problem and so puts up a brick wall?

• johnkimhvacjohnkimhvac Member Posts: 8

any update?
    I have been waiting for 2years.
    if you can't fix it, let us know.
    don't give us hope.

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @johnkimhvac,

As it stands, our banking data provider does not currently support an integration with Coast Capital Savings. As the integration was hosted by them, I don't have an ETA on if or when this will return I'm afraid.

edited June 16, 2021
  • SeahawkSeahawk Member Posts: 1

Another client that is looking to connect my Coast Capital Savings account with Wave.

• ladybonesladybones Member Posts: 1

STILL NOTHING FIXED?????

• FrankDFrankD Member Posts: 5

I have been having this same problem with my financial institution Educators Credit Union of Sturtevant, WI. I tried to email Plaid directly but they said I need to go through Wave. I have no way of creating a support ticket in Wave as Alex L suggested to have this looked into. This has been for about 6 months now.

• SteamTrainSteamTrain Member Posts: 1

So I was able to track down that this is actually due to the WAVE update to PLAID.com for the BANK API security login. I have been in touch with both Coast Capital (Canada's largest Federal Credit Union) and Plaid - after 2+ years they still have not made the connect work... so forced to finally switch our Business Banking to one of the eight or so Canadian Banks they feature on the 'Bank Connection' area of Wave. I truly wish Coast, Wave and Plaid had figured this out.

• sprucedspruced Member Posts: 1

Another plus one for the request to fix the Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union connection.

edited May 24, 2022
  • johnkimhvacjohnkimhvac Member Posts: 8

Another plus one for the request to fix the Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union connection.
    I already asked plaid and the wave team. they said that soon for 3 years