Splitting PayPal fees in the new dashboard

offthehoofbbq_1969offthehoofbbq_1969 Member Posts: 5

so, I've searched the community and can't find an answer. i tried. in the old dashboard/version I knew how to take a deposit that automatically downloaded from my checking account into the "Transactions" dashboard, split the transaction into two separate transactions so that the invoice was credited with the full payment while at the same time accounting for the PayPal transaction fees. In the new dashboard i can't figure that out. The invoice amount is $120.00. The deposit/download is $116.00. I tried splitting the transaction but it only gives me "Income" accounts to select from. The $4 PayPal fee is an expense and there aren't any available options for expenses in the "Transaction Details" section. Only Income options. My question is, in the new dashboard, how do i account for the $4 PayPal fee while crediting the invoice with the $120 that is due?

Comments

• fabianoafabianoa Member Posts: 5
    I had the same issue in the past. When you split the transaction you can enter the fees by going to the “Discounts and Fees” section (in top part before your income accounts) and the Payment Processing Fee accounts will show up there. For this to work you need to have your expense account that you use to categorize PayPal fees in the Payment Processing Fee section of the chart of accounts. Then just adjust the split so the amounts are correct! Hope this helps