Options

Wave Dashboard Missing Bank and Credit Card Balances

Ayoung72Ayoung72 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Is this a new intentional change or a bug? I hope its a bug. I highly rely on this info to be front and center multiple times a day and having to dig for this and instead having "things you can do" front and center which I will probably never use, is just a huge step backwards for this application.

Comments

• Options
    Maximum365Maximum365 Member Posts: 5

Same issue with me. And it seems that one of my linked account (connected account) has disappeared altogether.

• Options

Hey Maximum, Not sure if this is the cause or not, but yesterday I got an email from Wave letting me know they had disconnected my bank account as I had not done their new "connected" account flow to add it with their new system. I had to go in and add both my Bank and CC again as connected accounts to see them. Hope that helps!

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

hey @Ayoung72 @Maximum365

Currently since you've been migrated to the new banking aggregator, our team has yet to implement the feature of these account balances on the dashboard. It is something our central banking team will implement in the future (sorry I don't have an ETA of when) but currently the only place to add see your balances is from the connected accounts page.

If you're having connection issues because you were kicked off, try manually searching in the connected accounts page. I will say that our new aggregator doesn't support every bank but is constantly growing and obtaining new banks daily.

edited January 8, 2020
  • Options
    gerasegoviagerasegovia Member Posts: 1

@BarsinA said:

Currently since you've been migrated to the new banking aggregator, our team has yet to implement the feature of these account balances on the dashboard. It is something our central banking team will implement in the future (sorry I don't have an ETA of when) but currently the only place to add see your balances is from the connected accounts page.

If you're having connection issues because you were kicked off, try manually searching in the connected accounts page. I will say that our new aggregator doesn't support every bank but is constantly growing and obtaining new banks daily.

AND HOW DO I DO TO UPDATE MY BANK BALANCES AND TRANSACTIONS?

• Options
    Maximum365Maximum365 Member Posts: 5

@BarsinA @Ayoung72 : Thanks for the replies. I manually searched the Connected Accounts for my Investment Account and, while Fidelity USA is supported, its Canadian equivalent is not yet listed. I requested for it to be added.

• Options
    shafnitzshafnitz Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

This seems like a baseline feature that should have been implemented before making the transition to the new bank connection system.

• Options

@shafnitz said:
    This seems like a baseline feature that should have been implemented before making the transition to the new bank connection system.

100% in agreement with this statement. I am sure ANY business expects their bookkeeping software to clearly display their account balances in a front and center manner so we can make informed decisions daily.

• Options

@gerasegovia said:

@BarsinA said:

From what I can tell they took this away also @gerasegovia . It now happens automatically each day when Wave chooses. They state its based on banking info being made available from our banks however, my mint still lets me update my personal accounts with both these banks on demand when I need the information. This looks like an attempt to save bandwidth or something to take it away from our control.

• Options
    shafnitzshafnitz Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

@Ayoung72 said:

@gerasegovia said:

@BarsinA said:

From what I can tell they took this away also @gerasegovia . It now happens automatically each day when Wave chooses. They state its based on banking info being made available from our banks however, my mint still lets me update my personal accounts with both these banks on demand when I need the information. This looks like an attempt to save bandwidth or something to take it away from our control.

This is very unfortunate, as well. So far, I'm finding the new bank sync to be quite unreliable. Some of the accounts from the same bank connection are not updating for me, and there seems to be nothing I can do about that, or even troubleshoot on my own.

• Options
    theMikeDtheMikeD Member Posts: 5

After upgrading to the new method to connect my accounts, the bank account summary is missing from Dashboard. How can I get it back?

• Options
    Tony_shoregateTony_shoregate Member Posts: 5

Piling onto the conversation. It is a HUGE step backward to lose sight of current bank balance. So it needs to be restored to the Dashboard. But the fact that there's no way to initiate pulling transactions (it happens when WAVE decides to make it sync) only compounds the issue. Can't run a business without reliable info on cash avail. Please HELP!

• Options
    CliftonClifton Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

First Wave add's the intrusive, annoying related records thingy while Second, taking away the bank balance, register balance and not reviewed difference, causing much more work. The superior feature allowed for daily and weekly reconciliation. Making work smarter and more at ease due to always confident that the accounts were correct.

Third the accounts transaction changes to include this 1/3 page transaction detail that hasn't made things faster or easier, just different and slightly longer.

Fourth, some bonehead decides to change bank integrators and forgets to look at the analytics that Wave already has. If more than 5% of the users have a bank that isn't supported, why would you change integrators. Oh, support some small local bank, but don't worry about Capital One, Wave users can just change banks I suppose.

Fifth, the dashboard that displayed the bank account balances is removed. What, why, I mean who is ?? You need to know what the accounting system thinks the bank balances are, at all times. So remove them or hide them so you don't know. When do the bank's connect and update or sync? It doesn't matter, logic does not apply.

You can't find logic where none exist.

Conclusion? SlickPie, QBOnline, Freshbooks, pay for software that helps you. You are not saving money when it take you man hours to do things and you still don't have the information you need.

• Options
    rbensonwarbensonwa Member Posts: 3

I agree with all the above statements!! having the bank feed controlled by Wave instead of me is TERRIBLE!!!!! NOT having easy and fast access to my balances is ridiculous!! When is this going to be FIXED!!??

• Options
    Kr8ve1Kr8ve1 Member Posts: 13

This shouldn't have been rolled out if you didn't have the visual aspect on the dashboard in place. Poor planning.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. The bank balance in the dashboard is actually currently being built out by our team as the next feature to be added to the bank integration. Although we don't have an ETA at the moment, you can access your bank balance under Banking > Connected Accounts until this feature has been implemented.

• Options
    DeniseSDeniseS Member Posts: 3

When I go to Banking>Connected Accounts my account is listed, but there isn't a bank balance. Where are we supposed to find it???

• Options
    Kr8ve1Kr8ve1 Member Posts: 13

If you contact support regarding the changes all you get are apologies. Not one solution.

• Options

Hey @DeniseS , to confirm, does the balance show $0? Or is there no balance showing at all? Are you able to take a screenshot of this for me?

• Options

No balance showing.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @DeniseS! Thanks for sharing that with us. Our team has let me know that there was a bug that had been impacting the balance on some accounts recently. The fix for this has been released so you should be able to view the balances now!

• Options

Thank you - it does appear to be fixed now.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share that the team have recently released an update that should allow you to view your current 'Connected Accounts' in Wave along with balances on the Dashboard!

• Options
    HafidzHafidz Member Posts: 1

Hi> @EmmaP said:

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share that the team have recently released an update that should allow you to view your current 'Connected Accounts' in Wave along with balances on the Dashboard!

Hello EmmaP. Are you guys doing another update again because my Dashboard is not showing my bank balances.

• Options

Hey @Hafidz , it looks like your business is located in Malaysia. Bank Connections to businesses located outside of Canada and the US were discontinued at the beginning of 2020 so you wouldn't see these in your account.

• Options
    ajaffaraliajaffarali Member Posts: 3

@AlexL said:
    Hey @Hafidz , it looks like your business is located in Malaysia. Bank Connections to businesses located outside of Canada and the US were discontinued at the beginning of 2020 so you wouldn't see these in your account.

Any plans to bring this back to International customers?

• Options

Hey @ajaffarali , no plans in the near future I'm afraid.