Options

How to move transactions between two or more businesses

2»

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

@BlueSharkGroup

We've still heard of no updates to this. I'm sure you've already read the above workarounds. Thanks for your patience.

• Options
    laraduttonlaradutton Member Posts: 1

is this feature still coming I was a little shocked to find out it was gone in the new version of wave :(

• Options
    beaudrdbeaudrd Member Posts: 2

VERY frustrating to no longer be able to move transactions between two businesses. Poisons the waters for all the other improvements. Big step back...

• Options
    kvogkvog Member Posts: 3

Any updates on this feature being brought back? It was the #1 reason why I have been using Wave for years and I was shocked to discover it is no longer available. This will add A LOT more time to fixing my small business book-keeping.

• Options
    FinancialBookkeepingFinancialBookkeeping Member Posts: 14

What a NIGHTMARE... This falls directly into the category of "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Is there NO NEWS about this supposed-to-be-fixed broken feature?

All of the work-arounds are incredibly cumbersome and absurd for accounting protocols.

The last comments by Admin were months ago and the referenced thread is a link to a propaganda post with NO updates or useful information.

• Options
    TataTata Member Posts: 1

How could you eliminate one of the best feature you had in your software? That was the reason I stayed with you for 6 years. That saved so much time. Especially when you have not only personal accounts , but other divisions of business. I have tons of business transactions on my personal account. Now I have first to categorize them and then manually add in business? Ridiculous.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all, thanks for your continued feedback here. While I completely hear where you're coming from as far as how useful directly moving transactions between businesses, or moving them to personal accounts were, this is not a feature we will be re-implementing within Wave soon. I do apologize for the inconvenience this causes with regards to how you have been managing your transactions historically, but the reason we have made this change comes down to needing to abide by proper bookkeeping practices, while having audit trails for the movement of funds in any regard. With that said, this is something that we could look into improving further down the road, but for the time being we do not have any movement or updates.

• Options
    BWDBWD Member Posts: 1

Your breaking of this feature, with no warning or consultation, shortly before my year-end, has destroyed my simple accounting system for a sole proprietorship. I was using Wave exactly as designed and exactly as you recommended — and you ripped out the foundations the system relied on.

You've caused me and many other overworked small business users vast amounts of work and misery. I am really tired of hearing limp justifications for what amounts to a staggering lack of due diligence, competence and care for your users.

• Options
    BeeGeeBeeGee Member Posts: 1

I think you can do this now:

• Go to Receipts page of Business A
    • On the right had side of the screen, for each receipt entry there is a triangle/drop down arrow, click on it
    • Choose "Move to Business B"
    • Send waves of gratitude my way
      :)
  • Options
    tshm001tshm001 Member Posts: 9

@ConnorM said:
    Hey all, thanks for your continued feedback here. While I completely hear where you're coming from as far as how useful directly moving transactions between businesses, or moving them to personal accounts were, this is not a feature we will be re-implementing within Wave soon. I do apologize for the inconvenience this causes with regards to how you have been managing your transactions historically, but the reason we have made this change comes down to needing to abide by proper bookkeeping practices, while having audit trails for the movement of funds in any regard. With that said, this is something that we could look into improving further down the road, but for the time being we do not have any movement or updates.

This feature was in a lot of cases the entire reason people used Wave. Some of us more savvy business owners and amateur bookkeepers were aware of the problematic implications of moving transactions and still needed the feature. We know it's not a sound book keeping practice but we weren't practicing reconciliation to begin with so that particular detail wasn't important to us. This paternalistic attitude of "the feature was too problematic for your books so we removed it" is completely unwelcome and makes your company look hostile to your users and ignorant and unaware of who we are and why we use this product rather than something like Quickbooks or Xero. You guys sound absolutely clueless about who your users are and why they use your product.