Moving Transactions from an account to another

2036123AB2036123AB Member Posts: 4

Hello,
I had setup liability accounts manually for a loan and a line of credit previously as my bank didn't support those accounts to be downloaded automatically via connected accounts. My bank has since changed this and when I updated my connected accounts recently the loan and line of credit accounts showed up as downloadable, however, I was unable to connect the new downloadable accounts to the existing wave accounts and was forced to create new liability accounts instead.
Is there a way to force the new downloadable bank accounts to use the current liability accounts I had already created and if not, how do I go about moving my old transactions to the new liability accounts without messing up everything I have already categorized etc.?

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@2036123AB,
    I don't believe you can force the pointing to the old liability accounts that you created. You can reclass the prior payments by going to Accounting/Transactions and then use the filter feature. Filter for the account you want to move from, then select transactions (use all if applicable) then click edit On the drop down Change to Category, To new liability account.
    Hope that helps

• 2036123AB2036123AB Member Posts: 4

Thanks. I was able to move the required transactions to the new account with bulk edit.