Options

Support for Cryptocurrencies

2»

Comments

• Options
    NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@douglaswebdesigns @FriendofSatoshi thanks for your input and way to be spot on on our use of xe.com. At this time, we don't have any immediate plans to implement cryptocurrency in Wave but discussions like this help shape our future roadmap. I would really love it if you can expand on how you want this integrated in Wave. Would it be similar to how we are currently handling for-ex or is there other priorities you have it when it comes to cryptocurrency?

• Options
    douglaswebdesignsdouglaswebdesigns Member Posts: 5

Wave should look into payments via Cryptocurrency. It would be great to be able to transfer funds not to my bank account but to my digital wallet. Getting paid in Ethereum or XRP would be awesome. Seems like most banks are getting on board with Ripple so why not get ahead of the game instead of playing catch up? Digital Currency is the future, there is no doubt about it. Just take a look at the Bill that Maxine Waters submitted recently. I digress. ( comment submitted in another thread also )

• Options
    LATEKOLATEKO Member Posts: 1

add please, for starting, Bitcoin as a Currency to the list of currencies for accounts.

• Options
    MikeWillsMikeWills Member Posts: 1

There are multiple cryptocurrencies out there, and yes, their exchange rates against fiat can vary dramatically. It might be possible for us to use existing WAVE inventory features, as if our Virtual Currency units were commodities we were trading -- but for right now, have manual control over specifying the exchange rates if you don't have those interfaces available. This would let us model what goes on in our wallets via WAVE (Etherium or Bitcoin in, date, rate, from where, purpose, other tags; out/transfer, date, rate, purpose, to where, other tags).

Can we do this?

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @MikeWills , thanks for your message. As mentioned on this thread, we're not currently working to incorporate cryptocurrencies into Wave's interface. Thank you for sharing this feature idea with us here!

• Options
    HPaulsonHPaulson Member Posts: 1

Would like to add my +1 here. The biggest companies in the world, such as Tesla and Square, are adding bitcoin as a store of value to their balance sheets. This feature is pretty crucial for the ever-growing financial industry, and I'm hopeful that Wave will add this in the next year to keep up with the changes in technology.

• Options
    bradleygt89bradleygt89 Member Posts: 3

Adding my 2cents here. Crypto isn't going anywhere, and I am going to start accepting it as payment for my digital marketing agency. I can accept it via PayPal, but I would like to use Wave for all my payment acceptance. PLEASE get serious about this Wave. Don't get left behind as Cryptocurrency is here to stay (even the big banks are looking at some of the currencies now).

• Options
    nominonomino Member Posts: 1

+1 for cryptocurrency support. My business uses cryptocurrencies, and it's a pain to track their USD value manually for accounting. Whichever accounting software supports crypto first, I'm definitely going there