Connecting PayPal Account

LrozenskyLrozensky Member Posts: 1
Is there a way to connect my PayPal account to wave so that it automatically income payment transactions into my wave account? I dog sit through Rover and they send payments through PayPal and then I transfer it to my bank account. I am new to the self employment and side hustle game, just learned that I should have been keeping track of income and expenses so I am trying to make it as simple as possible since I am not accounting professional. Thank you!

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Lrozensky! Definitely! You should be able to navigate to the Integrations page within your business in order to connect your PayPal account there. That'll allow your PayPal transactions to automatically import into the Wave transactions page.

• newstartnewstart Member Posts: 7

Hello @ConnorM I am new and very much loving using waveapps. Thank you for providing this to small business owners. Please elaborate on how to do bring in my PayPal transactions to waveaccounting. I am unable to figure out how integrations page helps.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @newstart !

I'm happy to hear that you have been enjoying Wave!

We’ve decided to retire the existing PayPal integration and will officially end support as of December 31, 2020. If you have your account connected, your PayPal integration will continue attempting automatic imports to Wave until the retirement date on December 31, 2020. After December 31, the integration will be automatically removed from your Wave account, and PayPal transaction imports will stop. Transactions that were already imported will not be affected.

We know that the existing integration is not always reliable, and that sometimes users will troubleshoot by disconnecting and reconnecting to PayPal. Now that the integration has been retired, if you disconnect your PayPal account manually, you won’t be able to reconnect it.

I’d encourage you to check out Wave’s transaction upload tool or Wave Connect which are easy, free options to get your transactional data into Wave.

You can add PayPal transactions to Wave using a CSV file that you export from PayPal. First, download your history (you can learn about that here ). You’ll notice that the PayPal file contains more data than just transactions. You need to reduce the columns until you have Date, Description, Amount as follows:
    01/01/2019, Description 1, -250
    01/02/2019, Description 2, 550.50
    01/02/2019, Description 3, -120.75

I hope that helps!

edited December 31, 2020
  • newstartnewstart Member Posts: 7

Great explanation. i was able to reconcile paypal accounts in a jiffy following the process mentioned above. Thank you @JulianP !